The MXML file is used for laying out user interface components in the application. Most Flex applications include multiple MXML and ActionScript (.AS) files.
For decompiling and reusing the SWF created by Adobe Flex Builder 3, Sothink SWF Decompiler, the leading SWF to Flex project converter and resource extractor, can help you to decompile the SWF to MXML. Please see the following step-by-step tutorial.
For more information about this SWF to MXML converter >>
Estimated Time: 5 Minutes
Purpose: Convert SWF to MXML
Step 1: Open the SWF to be converted to MXML
1. Launch Sothink SWF Decompiler.
2. In the Explorer panel, browse to find the folder where the SWF you want to convert to MXML locates, and the SWF will be listed in the panel below.
3. Click on the SWF to be converted to MXML, and then you can preview it in the center window. What’s more, all its resources will be automatically decompiled and listed on the “Resources” panel.
Step 2: Export the MXML converted from SWF
1. Click the “Export FLA/FLEX” button on the “Resources” panel, and you will see the following dialog box.
2. Choose “Export SWF file to FLEX”, set the Flex project path, and click “OK”, now the decompiled Flex project will be saved to the specified path.
3. Go to the specified path, you can see the decompiled Flex project files, and under the “src” folder, the MXML file converted from SWF is located there.
Hope you like this tutorial of converting SWF to MXML by Sothink SWF Decompiler. If you have any questions, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.