In today’s “Flash Tool of the Week”, we are going to share a functional Flash software—SWF Decompiler. Like the name mentioned, the software is capable of decompiling, debugging, checking and viewing SWF & ActionScript structure.
Recently, Apple Inc has released Mac OS X 10.6 Snow leopard. “This is the most advanced operating system on the world” comes from Apple Inc.. The Mac OS X users wanna upgrade OS to new version and have a try Snow leopard at first time, but your applications are ready for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard? Now, Sothink SWF Decompiler for Mac has supported Mac OS X 10.6 Snow leopard, and it can make the users decpompile SWF to FLA freely on this new OS.
Followed Mac OS X 10.6 Snow leopard, SourceTec Software Co., LTD announces that Sothink SWF Decompiler for Mac fully supports Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. That is to say, you can use SWF Decompiler to export SWF to FLA, and extract Flash element without any problem.
What’s Sothink SWF Decompiler for Mac?
Sothink SWF Decompiler for Mac is a decompiling tool to fast convert SWF to FLA for Mac, SWF to FLEX, and extracts elements on Mac. It supports ActionScript 2 and 3, FLEX, as well as almost all Flash versions, Flash CS4 included. Multi-language is available. You can get the completed FLA or FLEX.
Can you edit and modify FLEX SWF to create new SWF file? Of course, you can do it with the help of Sothink SWF Decompiler 5.1 and later ones. It can decompile SWF to FLEX project, and get resources from FLEX SWF. Also, you can decompile FLEX SWF to FLA, and edit FLA in Flash tool.
What’s new in Sothink SWF Decompiler 5.2?
- Optimize the decompiling engine, and improve the accuracy.
- Adopt Unicode to optimize the interface language for the various localization.
What’s FLEX? And What’s FLEX project?
FLEX is a free, open source framework for building highly interactive, expressive web applications that deploy consistently on all major browsers, desktops, and operating systems. It provides a modern, standards-based language and programming model. FLEX also includes a rich component library with more than 100 proven, extensible UI components for creating rich Internet applications (RIAs), as well as an interactive Flex application debugger. (From Adobe)
FLEX project refers to the necessary FLEX file collections, which are source files to edit the FLEX SWF in FLEX builder.
Now, let’s view the tutorial below, and get more about how to convert Flash SWF to FLEX project. You will find how simple the decompiling work it is.
Adobe FLEX is SWF movie maker, which Flash programmers prefer to use it to create FLEX SWF movie. If you wanna to learn FLEX by yourself and view how to make FLEX SWF movie. Here is a Flash decompiling application for you — Sothink SWF Decompiler, which assists you start learning FLEX easier.
Before you learn FLEX, make sure you have downloaded and installed Sothink SWF Decompiler on your computer. And then open FLEX SWF in the program; let’s see what Flash SWF Decompiler can do for different groups:
For Beginners and intermediates
- Capture FLEX SWF file from IE/Firefox online.
- Easily view file properties of FLEX SWF in the program, file size, compressed, file version, frame width, frame height, frame count, etc.
- Freely play FLEX SWF movie in built-in player.
- Fully control FLEX movie, play, stop, forward, backward, pause, etc.
- Take snapshot for the playing FLEX SWF movie in the preview window.
- Parse FLEX SWF, and view the file’s structure and elements.
Do you want to decompile SWF to FLA, convert SWF to FLEX project, or both? If there is Flash Decompiler, which can convert Flash movie to both FLA format and FLEX project, it must be the most popular Flash SWF Decompiler for all. Sothink SWF Decompiler makes it come true in new released version 5.1. Let’s approach to this brand-new Flash Decompiler to get more:
Decompile SWF to FLA/SWF to FLEX project
- Decompile SWF to FLA.
- Decompile SWF created by FLEX to FLEX project, and get MXML file and other project files.
Supported Almost All Versions of Flash/FLEX and ActionScript
- Support Flash 6, Flash MX 2004 (V7), Flash 8, Flash CS3 (V9) and Flash CS4 (V10).
- Support FLEX.
- Compatible with ActionScript 1, ActionScript 2 and ActionScript 3.
Extract all resources from Flash SWF/FLEX SWF
- Export Flash element from SWF movie.
- Export SWF to FLA/ FLEX projects, and extract resources in batch mode.
- Extract various elements, including shapes, sounds, images, sprites, fonts, texts, ActionScript, etc.
Adobe has released Flash CS4 (V10), which is absolutely good news for creating Flash. With Flash CS4, you can make Flash animation easier and faster, and realize the magic interactive experiences on Flash movie.
Recently, Sothink SWF Decompiler 5.0 is released based on Flash CS4 released. It is the first Flash decompiler currently found on the web, which is able to support Flash CS4, decompile Flash SWF to FLA and extract the Flash elements.
What can this Flash Decompiler do for you?
1. Capture Flash movies online by SWF Catcher within Sothink SWF Decompiler from Internet Explorer or Firefox.
2. Import and manage Flash animations; play Flash and preview resources with original size or size matching the window; and control the movie by playback bar, such as play, pause, stop, zoom in/out, etc.
3. Decompile one or more SWF to FLA, which get source FLA for re-editing; and extract Flash elements in various formats for re-using.