Why is a logo important? It’s a way for a business to make an impact in its industry and on its target market. Think about Starbucks and how its widely recognized logo of a mermaid has done wonders for its branding as arguably the top coffee company and coffeehouse chain in the world.
But you don’t have to be a big global power like Starbucks to enjoy the merits of a business logo. Even if you have a small business, it can still benefit from a really striking and memorable logo and impressive marketing materials. Here are some of the benefits that you can get as a small business owner from a well-designed logo:
- To appear more established – Even when your business is just starting, you’d want to appear bigger and more established than you actually are. With a smart-looking logo, you would look more professional to your clients, and that is how they will treat you.
- To attract potential clients – Most people consider the prestige, or the “look and feel” of the company, when they are deciding to buy or choosing between products or services. The more impressive your logo is, the better your company’s chances of attracting customers.
- To build your brand – Branding increases your company’s value and helps to wider your customer base. With a logo, you get to build a brand that’s close to the vision and mission of your company.
- To show that you are reputable – A well-designed logo and professional marketing materials convey the message to your clients that you are someone to be trusted and that you are reliable.
- To be more memorable – Most people are better able to remember something they see over something they just hear or read. A memorable logo sticks in their minds, and thus, they’ll be more likely to take advantage of your products and services.
- To explain your business name – This is particularly helpful for when your company name is an acronym or has an unfamiliar word in it. A good logo provides visual clues as to its meaning.
- To set yourself apart from the competition – A well-designed logo that has a special meaning and can tell the story of what you do can set your company apart from the rest of the competition.
Now that you understand the advantages you can get from a well-crafted logo, where do you put it?
Keep in mind that you should use your logo in any venue or event where you interact with your customers. Here are some ideal places:
- Banners and signage – This one is obvious. You just have to make sure that the image is big enough to be seen from the sidewalk and that the colors and fonts are easily discernible.
- Business cards and forms – Even in this digital age, people still prefer to exchange business cards, so make sure you always keep one on you with your company name and logo. Do the same with your business forms like your invoices, receipts, etc.
- Apparel – This is helpful especially if you operate a store where your employees will need to interact with customers. Aside from making it easy for your customers to recognize your staff, it also reinforces your branding in their eyes.
- Promotional giveaways – Going to trade shows is one good way to extend your brand beyond the four walls of your business. Don’t forget to have giveaways on hand like paper coffee cups on which you can place your logo.
Part of doing good business involves making sure your business stands out in your field. A good logo can help you do that.