SourceTec Software

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Bug in Design Mode?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:06 pm 

Hi,<br><br>I purchased the Sothink HTML editor as a general purpose WYSIWYG HTML editor, and overall I'm really happy with it. However, I've discovered an annoying bug in the design mode (which I use all the time), which has once so far resulted in my losing some changes I made to a file...<br><br>When you make changes in design mode, the editor correctly recognises that you've changed the document (the name of the file gets an asterisk after it), but CTRL-S does NOT save the document! This means that, during a long editing session, users like myself regularly go CTRL-S to save the document, but actually nothing is saved at all.<br><br>The version of the SoThink editor I'm using is labelled "Sothink HTML Editor 2.5(10426)". This is the complete commercial version rather than the free trial. Oh, I'm running under Windows 2000, if that matters...<br><br>Obviously, a fix to this would be wonderful, as it's possible to lose data if the machine crashes (as happened to me once) even if you've been typing CTRL-S regularly to save the document...<br><br>One other suggestion/request: It would be really nice if there was a preference setting to automatically open the editor in design mode, rather than defaulting to HTML mode every time. At the moment, I have to click on the "Design" tab every time I start the editor. Alternatively, is there a key equivalent which lets us do this anyway? I haven't been able to find one...<br><br>Thanks, and keep up the great work -- Sothink is a great product!<br><br> - Erik.<br><br><br>

Post subject: Bug in Design Mode?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:53 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hi,<br><br>Thank you!<br><br>Thanks for your bug report and your suggestion. We'll keep this in mind when we work on developing the next version. <br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto: support@sothink.com "> support@sothink.com </A>