SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:28 am 
I recently purchased the new 2005 version, and when trying to uninstall the demo (which was 2004 version) the InstallShield Uninstaller hangs each time. If I try to install the new version over the old, i get the same thing. Any ideas? I tried the usual reboot/retry already with the same results.

Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the old one manually ?

Thanks,
Peter

Ps. oh, I'm using XP Pro SP2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Please remove this folder C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{87ECFEA1-7882-4FC7-A2E2-2AC0CC262EBC} and try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:06 am 

I don't have a folder by that name in C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\ folder -- I went through the list of folders it contained and it didn't appear that any of them were for the Decompiler program.

I did find in another post ( http://www.sothink.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11586&highlight=rpc ) that it could be some of my dll's -- so i installed the update listed in the post and it appears that I was now able to remove the 2004 version. However, when I run the 2005 Setup, it still hangs. The Install process stops on the screen
Quote:
Setup Status: Sothink Decompiler Setup is performing the requested operations

Thanks,
Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:19 pm 
Guru

Hello,

We regret this problem is concerned with your computer system.
Can you install the program on other computer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:49 am 

Are you kidding?!! Oh yeah, I have development machines just lying around for this kind of thing. I am not satisfied that it is merely a problem with my system. I have a P4 3 GHz w/ 1GB RAM and I don't have any other problems installing other software -- so how can you assume that it is a problem with my system -- especially after a single post! I hope this is not the extent of your support for your product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:55 am 
Guru

Hello,

Did you have the same problem when you install version 2004?

Many users with installation problem has install the softawre sucessfully after they follow the method in the post ( http://www.sothink.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... hlight=rpc ) .
And also in this post, it stated clearly that the RPC stub problem is caused by the dll of computer system is not compatible.

And we have released a new upgrade, please try and see if you can install it.
http://www.sothink.com/flashdecompiler/download.htm

Sincerely,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:25 pm 

I did update the dll's mentioned in that post before I posted my first message even though I am not getting the RPC stub error and it didn't make any difference. I am not getting an error at all, the installer simply hangs at 0% and never advances. I cannot cancel the installation. If I kill the process, I get an error message stating that "Remoted Procedure Call failed", but I don't think that is the root of the problem.

If you can give me a link to download version 2004, I would be happy to try it again. I used the 15 day free trial on the 2004 version before purchasing and it worked great. I have since removed the 2004 version.

I downloaded the setup file again today, so unless you have updated the build again in the last few hours, I am getting the same error on the latest build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:59 am 

Ok. I finally resolved this problem on my own. I finally had to re-install windows. I am not sure what the problem was, but I think that somehow my installer files got corrupted when i removed the previous 2004 version. Re-installing windows seems to have done the trick and i was able to complete the installation and all is working fine (so far).