SourceTec Software

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:42 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: onRelease error
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:14 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:10 am
Posts: 5
I keep getting the same compiler message from files which otherwise appear to have been decompiled correctly:

"The currently targeted Flash Player does not support the releaseOutside event. on (releaseOutside, rollOut)"

The result is that the navigation does not work, though all other aspects of the Fla seem fine. Any ideas? Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: onRelease error
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:06 am 
Offline
Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:39 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ohio
paevo wrote:
I keep getting the same compiler message from files which otherwise appear to have been decompiled correctly:

"The currently targeted Flash Player does not support the releaseOutside event. on (releaseOutside, rollOut)"

The result is that the navigation does not work, though all other aspects of the Fla seem fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

Which version of Flash player is targeted??

_________________
Mike
http://www.incitevisual.com
Not Sothink Support


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:06 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:10 am
Posts: 5
Version 8. I am using Flash CS3.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:45 am 
Offline
Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:39 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ohio
paevo wrote:
Version 8. I am using Flash CS3.

Is the error message a SWF Decompiler error or a Flash error??

_________________
Mike
http://www.incitevisual.com
Not Sothink Support


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:12 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:10 am
Posts: 5
When the Fla is opened the Compilier panel opens and lists the following error description: "The currently targeted Flash Player does not support the releaseOutside event." It also includes the source code and location.

For instance, if you try to decompile this Swf at the following URL:

http://www.flash-template-design.com/pr ... p?tid=2399

You will get several "on (releaseOutside, rollOut)" error messages and the navigation will not work, even though the Fla appears to open normally.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:00 am 
Offline
Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:39 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ohio
paevo wrote:
When the Fla is opened the Compilier panel opens and lists the following error description: "The currently targeted Flash Player does not support the releaseOutside event." It also includes the source code and location.

For instance, if you try to decompile this Swf at the following URL:

http://www.flash-template-design.com/pr ... p?tid=2399

You will get several "on (releaseOutside, rollOut)" error messages and the navigation will not work, even though the Fla appears to open normally.

If you change the target Flash Player to 9, the error disappears. The error simply states that Ver. 8 of Flash Player doesn't support the script. Viewers must use version 9 or higher of Flash.

_________________
Mike
http://www.incitevisual.com
Not Sothink Support


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:40 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:10 am
Posts: 5
I keep getting the error messages; first, the Windows OS saying that "Flash Player is not installed," then the Compiler Panel opens with the "releaseOutside" errors. I just downloaded the latest version of Flash Player (10) but still got the same errors... Very annoying, though it only happens with a select number of Swf downloads from said website...

Otherwise, this is an amazing product. It will be interesting to see if it can overcome the encryption techniques currently being used on Swf...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:27 am 
Offline
Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:39 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ohio
paevo wrote:
I keep getting the error messages; first, the Windows OS saying that "Flash Player is not installed," then the Compiler Panel opens with the "releaseOutside" errors. I just downloaded the latest version of Flash Player (10) but still got the same errors... Very annoying, though it only happens with a select number of Swf downloads from said website...

Otherwise, this is an amazing product. It will be interesting to see if it can overcome the encryption techniques currently being used on Swf...

First -- you may want to try and reinstall Flash.

Second -- the error is based on the fact you probably have Flash 8 selected as your target play in the Publish settings. That's where you want to make the change.

Third -- encryption of SWF files is an effort to prevent piracy by the authors. Sothink cannot legally provide a tool that violates a de-facto implementation of a copyright.

_________________
Mike
http://www.incitevisual.com
Not Sothink Support


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:29 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:10 am
Posts: 5
Ha! Reinstalling Flash Player 10 for Firefox must have done the trick. It just started working!

Thanks for your help. This truly an amazing product, worth every dime a thousand times over!

Take care.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group