SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:52 am 

Hi,

I recently purchased the SWF Decompiler (v6.0 build 612) and I have been working on understanding the process to recreating some FLAs for SWFs we have.

I picked a simple SWF to begin with and it seemingly exported without problems (a fla was created, and quite a few AS files). I accepted the suggested export defaults (v9) and went on, so I didn't modify anything.

However when I tried to build the FLA in FlashCS4 I ended up getting many syntax errors in the generated AS code. One error I get is:
- 1084: Syntax error: expecting rightbrace before leftbracket.

Once I corrected that simple error. I started getting MANY "Warning 3596: Duplicate variable definition" warnings. Looking at the generated code, there were duplicates.

Is this expected behavior? Is there anyway to correct this?

thanks in advance for your help,
Allen Lee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:21 am 
Guru

I've never had the duplicate variable definition warnings for SWfs I've created -- although I would be surprised if AS with errors would be compiled. They may have had compiler errors turned off. . .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:03 am 

Thank you for your attempt. In the end, it looks like the project had a few dependent swc's which I was missing. Eventually I asked for the source and was able to build the project successfully. This particular project was pretty complicated, so maybe SWFDecompiler only works well on simple projects ??? maybe??? I'm not sure.

The product has been great/useful so far. Hopefully I'll get better at using this tool.