SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Demo expires
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:53 am 
I downloaded your flash decompiler demo a couple months ago to use for spam analysis. It had stated limitations, it would only do the first 5 objects, which was good enough for me. I only wanted the email address the spammer was sending his results to. He used a flash object for input to make analysis more difficult. <br><br>Imagine my surprise when I tried to use it (for the second time) and it has expired. <br><br>You said the demo limitation was the one I stated, that it only did the first 5 objects, and there is no mention of anything expiring. I realize I didn't buy your product (and for occasional use in spamfighting it's not like that would be in my budget anyway) but it's not right to have a limitation like that and keep it secret. I wouldn't have bothered with it not being a flash programmer. <br><br>You should use your software and make an online tool on your site that will help that sort of analysis, and let people use it. <br><br>And if your demo is to expire, state that right up front. <br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:49 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hi,<br><br>I'm sorry that Demo is to expire. When you start the program, it tells you "** days left in your evaluation period". We'll state the case in our website.<br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br>support@sothink.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:48 pm 
You don't think being limiited to the first 5 objects is enough of a demo limitation? The purpose of a "limited demo" is to get people familiar with your product and want to buy it. So time limited demos usually are fully functional. When your time it up you buy or not. Function limited demos normally do not time out, they keep going with their limited functionality forever, and hopefully your users will want the missing functions enough to want to buy. <br><br>A few users (like maybe me) would have a small use for the product and the demo would be enough, I would never need to buy. But I would be a user and would be familiar with your product and might recommend it to someone who might need the full functions and buy. <br><br>By both limiting functions and time you make your demo fairly useless. A person wouldn't know whether it would actually meet their needs. And you gain no long term casual users who might recommend your product to others or buy themselves. <br><br>That seems counterproductive and you hardly ever see anyone release a product with that many limitations. There is a reason. <br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:27 pm 
Guru

Appreciate for sharing us your treasure opinion.<br>We will consider to remove the time limitation in later trial version.<br>Please continue to help us on developing excellent software.<br>Thanks for all.<br><br>Sincerely,<br>Rachel W.<br>SourceTec<br><br>