SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:59 am 

Im trying to edit a swf file. I unprotected it and opened/imported it with SWF Quicker. It gave me a prompt to export 3 Action scripts, which i exported to a directory. After opening the swf I import the 3 Action scripts into the project through the classes tab and then published it without compression, and the original is 543KB while the SWF Quicker published version is 543KB.

The main problem I am having is that the original works fine when trying to go to the game from the main menu, but when i try to change it in SWF Quicker, after entering the game frame (maze isn't even drawn, so no scripts are run from that frame), it then goes to the next frame which is for online gaming, something that i don't want. I was guessing it didn't import everything correctly when opening the swf or publishing it.

Im using the Trial version if that does anything. Help please?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:49 pm 
Guru

Importing is not the only thing you have to do. You need also to tweak here and there the whole project. it's a work.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:25 am 

I've been trying at this for a while, tweaking things here and there to see if they could work, almost been 5 hours :S Im starting to wonder if this is even possible
Can i just send the swf file to you so you can take a look? It's confounded me :S

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:47 am 
Guru

Unfortunately I am quite busy lately and I cannot help you as you deserve. As I said, it is a real hard work. More over there could be legal issue when unprotecting original work from third parties.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:54 pm 

All right, I tried tweaking around with it, i got it to stop on the right frame w/ the game actionscript but the action script doesn't play, the sprites just rotate animations?

Also I was able to modify a different swf perfectly fine, so is there some way to see the difference in ActionScript/Flash version beetween two swf files?