It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:37 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

-------
:arrow: Hi all,
-------

We are glad to inform you the release of Sothink SWF Quicker V5.3 Build 511!

This version mainly fixed some bugs. And all our registered users of Sothink SWF Quicker V3.x and above could enjoy the free upgrade to the latest version 5.3.

Please download the latest version of Sothink SWF Quicker at the link below:
http://www2.sothink.com/download/swfquicker.zip

And your original licenses for V3.x and above are still valid for the latest version 5.3.

For our registered users of Sothink SWF Quicker V2.x, you could enjoy the favorable price $15.95 to get the latest version 5.3.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact us at support@sothink.com.

Have fun :D

Email: support@sothink.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:32 am 
Guru

Thank you Sharon for this update!

Is there any chances to know the changelog of these fixed bugs?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

---------
:arrow: PaperMakeiT
---------

Thanks for your support!

Please refer to the updates at the page below:
http://www.sothink.com/product/swfquicker/whatsnew.htm

As to Sothink SWF Quicker V5.3, it mainly fixed the activation bug.

Email: support@sothink.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:41 am 
Old Hand

SharonLee wrote:
---------
:arrow: PaperMakeiT
---------

Thanks for your support!

Please refer to the updates at the page below:
http://www.sothink.com/product/swfquicker/whatsnew.htm

As to Sothink SWF Quicker V5.3, it mainly fixed the activation bug.

It may have fixed someone else's activation bug, however, it has created an activation NIGHTMARE for me.

I have been a customer of Sothink since 2004. I have purchased several programs from you over the years.

I cannot activate Quicker 5.3 as I get an activation error.

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!! I have just received 2 projects that must be completed within 48 hours!

HELP!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:08 pm 
Guru

Cannot you return to previous release? Nothing important changed...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:45 pm 
Old Hand

I thought I had deleted my copy of 5.2 installer. Fortunately, I found it on a CD and will be able to get the first of two jobs out this morning.

I was going to wait for Monday, then got two albums to build . . . Think I may have to find another solution.

The restrictions have become too much on the use of this software. I work at three different physical locations, but have to come to this one to do all of my flash work.

Most licenses resemble a book . . . only one copy of the software can be used at a time. Most vendors will allow you to install on different computers so long as you can only use ONE at a time. My job moves me around a bit, so portability of use is important.

Quicker, on the other hand, calls home each time it starts. If it detects that the computer you are running the program on now is not the same one you were using it on 2 days ago, they cancel ALL OF YOUR SOFTWARE LICENSES. This includes Java Web Scroller, SWF Easy, HD Movie Maker, etc. Not that you use those in different locations, but that you used Quicker in a different location.

HD Movie Maker was installed ONLY on this computer. Java Web Scroller was installed ONLY on this computer. SWF Easy was installed ONLY on this computer. Sothink shut off all of those licenses. When the programs call home to check for updates, they can be turned off by the computers in Taiwan or wherever Sothink's licensing takes place.

That is a crappy way to do business, especially when you consider that I have sent about 30 individuals to their sites who actually PURCHASED the software . . . and those are only the ones I know of! I promote the software on other forums for web designers, forums for flash programmers, and even some places that are not design oriented.

I think it is a poor excuse for copy protection.

Abuse legitimate customers while they have no desire or ability to track the pirates . . . just as they have no desire to stop the spammers taking over this forum!

Great product! I love everything I have from Sothink.

Lousy way to do copy protection though. I hate dealing with that part of the software.

ONE BIG QUESTION:

If Sothink goes under, will they turn off our products when they turn off the lights??? I may need to start considering an alternative NOW . . .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:03 pm 
Guru

Well, I understand what you say and agree in some way, but consider that the price of Quicker is so lower if compared to other solutions that you can afford more than one license if you work on three different locations....

On my side, I was just thinking about this matter in these days: I've been producing only one big software in Quicker, spending almost three years on this project and planning to continue in this way. What if they decide to close the business? How could I recover all my work? Maybe e different decompiler from swf could work, but maybe not and surely some workarounds could not work anymore. I'm scared about this and hope sincerely God save Sothink. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:51 am 
Old Hand

Is the software licensed to your computer? NO!

The software is licensed to YOU, your physical person.

Sothink shut down my software once because I had it on a second computer. I could not physically be at both locations at the same time. Both computers were secure and I was the only person who had access. One was at home, where I run my business. One was at my job, on my employer's property . . . however, both computers were my PERSONAL PROPERTY.

If I ran three businesses, then I would surely buy three copies. I don't . . . but my employer would allow me to do personal work whenever there was an rush job needed for one of my customers. The third location I work at is my personal Laptop computer. Again, my property, only I have access. It is a matter of CONVENIENCE, not deception, not piracy, not theft.

This computer I am using today has two operating systems. So, if I am working on a project with an older program . . . now I must shut down my computer and restart it so that I can go into windows 7 to work on a flash project.

That is unreasonable. If I had lots of money to spend, it wouldn't be a problem . . . on the other hand, if I had lots of money to spend, I probably wouldn't be working outside of my regular job and doing web design to TRY to make ends meet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:05 pm 
Old Hand

Here is the message they sent me:

Quote:
Dear colbert cook,

Thanks for contacting Sothink Customer Service!

Sorry for the delayed reply due to the weekend.

We have just reactivated your license manually, and you could continue to use
your key.

Thanks for your support!

If you need further assistance, feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Why did they need to "reactivate" my license? This software is installed on ONE COMPUTER, used under ONLY ONE operating system on this computer, and accessible to only ME.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:54 pm 
Guru

Sometime the system gives me a response telling that I have only two reinstalls left. They say it is only a bug.... I'd no waste time in questioning this.... ;)