SourceTec Software

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:10 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:01 pm 

I was going to buy Adobe Flash, but it cost about $1,000,000 and I don't have that much. I had $82.00 in the bank. We had a big(and I mean HUGE) snow storm. The snow accumulation FROM THE STORM IT'S SELF was about 3 feet. By the time is was over, we had a total of 6 feet of snow. Before it started, we already had 3 feet. Okay, enough of my ranting. After it finished, my father and I shoveled because I couldn't do it all alone. After we finished, about an hour later, my landlord gave me and my father 40 bucks. So now I had $122.00 in my bank account. I bought Sothink SWF Quicker and now I am using it as if it was Adobe Flash Professional CS5 itself. I am just wondering though, we can use ActionScript 1,2 and 3 in this software. So is it possible to make video games in Sothink SWF Quicker? What are the possibilities of this software? And is this software a program that licenses us to make money off of our flash content made with it?

Any help is appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:53 pm 
Guru

Sure you can make games and sell them! :D

Go straight with AS3. Maybe Quicker cannot do exactly everything as Flash Professional does, but you can do most of things useful for a game.

Read the official guide from Macromedia Programming in AS3.

Moreover, search for basic tutorials in AS3 you find everywhere on the net.

Unfortunately Quicker cannot import fla projects, so look for textual examples.

Let me know if you need help, I'll do what I can.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:30 am 

Okay thanks. :) Sadly, when I follow some tutorials, I get an error message saying:

ERROR: tmp_hero.as, Line 23: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Event. :?

But this was following an adobe flash tutorial on Keyboard movement. So if I need help, I'll ask. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:21 pm 

I just installed Sothink SWF Quicker V5.3 Build 511.

Its really amazing and saved a lot of money :D . It will be helpful if anybody describe about the AS3.

[MODERATOR EDIT --- YOU POSTED SPAM HERE. I have removed the spam this time. If it continues, YOU will be removed from the forums]