SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:28 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: BUG_|_CRASHES
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:45 pm 
The trial version worked fine on my machine only for two days, and then it started crashing when i save my work, some times! Seems like SWF Quicker is still having many bugs<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:26 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hi,<br><br>Thanks for writing us and sending us the .sqf files. As the error happened when editing the imported .swf file, please send us the .swf file, and we'll have a check.<br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto: support@sothink.com "> support@sothink.com </A>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:13 pm 
I am having the same problem. I tried re-installing but it's the same. Sometime it is crashing for the first time or sometime after using it 2 or 3 times. What's the matter? Please release a patch for swf quicker. It is a very good software.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:18 pm 
Hello I am again. The crash happens as soon as I start swf quicker. some toolbox is displayed without the main window and a message box with a caption like "visual c++ runtime library...". What more is funny I can set focus to those toolbox windows without bypassing the message which has only one butoon--"OK". As soon as I press it everything disappears.BYe<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:25 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hello,<br><br>First please try uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. <br><br>If the problem isn't solved, Please provide the following info:<br><br>1. Whether you're using the registered version or trial one. Click Help->About Sothink SWF Quicker, and inform us the version\patch info. <br><br>2. The complete error message: please send us the screen capture. <br><br>3. The info of your OS.<br><br>4. The version of IE.<br><br>5. Whether you choose the option -- Tools > Options > General > Reload last document at startup. <br><br>Thanks for the further info you might provide!<br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto: support@sothink.com "> support@sothink.com </A>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:18 pm 
Thanks and this the info that I can provide you--<br>1> That is a full retail version and as I can not even start the programme right now I can nor give you the exact version info. But the Readme.txt says-- Version: Sothik SWF Quciker 1.1<br>Build Number: 310232<br>2> The error mesage is-- A window with title "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" and the text in it is-- <br>" Runtime Error!<br>Program: ....OGRAM FILES\SOURCETECSOTHINK SWF QUICKER\SWFQUICKER.EXE<br>abnormal program termination" with only one button "OK"<br>Everything disappears as I press 'OK'.<br>3> My O.S. is Windows 95 OSR2<br>4> Version of IE is 5.00.2314.1003<br>5> As the software only crashes while startup, I can not do any further operation. Even after fresh installation.<br>and more<br>a> I am also using SWF DHTML Menu and SWF Decompiler<br>c> I am also using Microsoft Visual Basic 6 and I dont use Visual C++.<br>c> My RAM is 32Mb with processor P I 133 MHz<br>If you need any more information I am ready to provide you so.<br>Please solve this problem, as I was able to use this software 2 or 3 times, I found it very very useful.<br>Thanking You-- JIT<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:04 pm 
windows 95? ive heard of it. think thats that old ancient OS from MS aint it? might wanna upgrade that to XP and get a new computer.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:18 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hello,<br><br>Thanks for the detailed info.<br><br>We found the problem is related with the computer. The old system and insufficient RAM would affect the software's performance. In future, we'll enhance Sothink SWF Quicker with more functionality and features. It might not support Win 95 any longer. <br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto: support@sothink.com "> support@sothink.com </A>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:52 am 
Thanks but you should spend a portion in readme.txt to specify the system requirements and also a feature in the programme in your appz which will check the system and display a message if it can not run on that system. Actually in my office there are 12 computers like this which is used by our developers(they are not developing any multimedia application). But my local shop said the system requirement for this appz is very low and so I bought it from there.<br>Thanks anyway.<br>JIT<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:35 pm 
your joking right?? 12 machines where RAM is 32Mb with processor P I 133 MHz.<br>man theres no way i would be seen even thinking of working in a place with comps of them specs. how come u dont upgrade them? if your company has multiple developers using them then you cant have all that big a cash problem surely? i got several comps, my oldest crappiest is 366mhz 64 meg ram, used as file storage only.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:34 am 
Thanks for your advice but you are not a developer, neither you can be in your whole life. You are simply an ordinary gamer. Remeber, still there are many comps(??) in this world whch are simply 386/486. And one more thing, real developers always use low end computers, very very low end. I hope you will stop here, dont blame me later if you carry on this stupid childish conversation in future.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:37 am 
One more thing, I will kick your ass if you ever come to my company to request for a job. You better be a data entry operator. RIGHT!!!<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:13 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks!<br><br>We will add the part in ReadMe to specify the system requirements.<br><br>Sorry for the trouble we might cause.<br><br>Best Regards and Happy Holidays!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>