SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:26 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:46 pm 

Hi,<br> I am trying to follow the tutorial on making my first movie. I get to the part that deals with the oval. <br><br>I made the oval but then the instructions read as follows:<br><br>In the first frame, snap the center point of the little oval to the start point (active one in above image) of the guide line. <br>In frame 11, snap the center point of the little oval to the end point of the guide line. <br><br>I have read this over and over and I'm afarid I just don't understand it. How do I snap the center point of the oval to the start point of the gudie line? <br><br>The tutorial shows an image with the small blue box at the bottom, a cross hair in the middle and the curved line. I am assuming the blue box represents the oval, and the curved line represents the guide line. A am further assuming the end of the curved line is the start point of the guide line, but I don't know what it means when it says "snap"<br><br>Can someone help me out here?<br><br>Greg Kamer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:26 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Yes, what you assumed is all correct. The blue box represents the oval, and the curved line represents the guide line. The end of the curved line is the start point of the guide line in the tutorial.<br><br>To snap the center of the oval to the starting point, please first enable Arrow tool in the Tools panel, drag the oval (there will be eight blue square handles and one circle in the center.) and make the center of the oval cover the starting point of the guide line. To make it clear, I have sent you two pictures to demonstrate the work. If there is anything unclear, please let me know.<br><br>Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! <br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:05 pm 

Hi Ellie,<br> Thanks for your response. After some trial and error I figured out what the tutorial was trying to tell me to do..... I now understand the "snap" comments in the instructions.<br><br>But this brings up another question.<br><br>How do I stop the animation? I have been playing around it imported images, and they work fine as far as following the guide line, but the animation loops at the end and begins all over again.<br><br>I would like the animation to begin at point A and end as well as stop at point B.<br><br>How can I make it stop looping in the animation?<br><br>Thanks in advance for any help.<br><br>Greg Kamer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:04 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

To stop the looping in the animation, you can use ActionScript.<br>As the guide line motion in the tutorial is a Movie Clip, you may first choose the last keyframe of the Movie Clip in the Timeline, go to the Action panel (if it is not visible, please click View->Action.), and hit the first button in the panel, choose the "On Show Frame" option, and then hit the second button in the panel, choose the "Stop" option, and finally the ActionScript to stop the animation has been added.<br><br>Have a try!<br><br>Best Regards and Happy Holidays!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:33 pm 

Ellie,<br> Excellent.... It works perfectly now. I appreciate the assistance.<br><br>Greg Kamer