SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:21 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:43 am 

I am using the demo version FlashVideo Encoder 1.1, Build: 50913 an connot convert large files. I am trying to convert AVI or MPEG files that over 70MB. I am trying to convert .rm files to mpeg to .flv or swf.
My system specs are Windows XP with 512MB RAM. When I try to convert large files FlashVideo Encoder 1.1, Build: 50913 crashes. The files I am using are available via FTP so you can test them. Please also answer these questions: 1. does the demo version have limitations when using very large files? 2. Why doesn't the player play large .swf files? see attached file I am using rm converter to convert all rm files to AVI or MPEG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:49 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hello,

Firstlty for your questions, Sothink FlashVideo Encoder doesn't have other limitations for the large files. You can click here to read limitations about demo version.

About "Why doesn't the player play large .swf files?", did you mean the large swf files are converted by FlashVideo Encoder from your mpeg files, even if the program is crashed during the process?

And moreover, if your mpeg file is converted from rm format file, not the standard format, that may cause the problem.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:48 pm 

Hello Gracie

I am currently testing the demo version and notice the program crashes when trying convert avi or mpeg to flv. I am using very large files that over 100MB. I have also re-downloaded the demo version on other computers and can produce the same problem. My mpeg or avi files are very large. The program DOES NOT crash when using smaller files! I really want to buy the program if it works with very large files. I was able to produce this problem on other computers running Windows XP w512MB RAM and higher with the demo version. ANY suggestions? My original files are rm files converted to mpeg or avi. These files are very large files that are from 15MB - 100MB. The program DOES NOT crash when using smaller files mpeg or avi to flv!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:08 am 
Support Team
Support Team

Hello,

Are the smaller files also converted from rm format to mpeg or avi format at first, which were later processed successfully by FlashVideo Encoder?
Please contact us at support@sothink.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:49 pm 

Hi Gracie:

Yes..ALL of the original files I am using are big rm files that range from 6MB - over 100MB ..when these files are converted to avi or mpeg..the file size is over 100MB! I will contact your support team since the problem re-occurs and i was able to duplicate it using the demo version several times. I suggest you try testing this on your end since i have performed several tests that give me the same result!