SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:29 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:15 pm 

I am using a trial version of Flash Video Encoder, Build 61230, on a Win XP O/S with a Dual Core Processer, 1 GB RAM.

This is my first time attempting Flash movies. I am converting mpgs (620x480) to Flash movies for DSL 256k at 320x240, embedded in SWF files. I set my movies NOT to play automatically on loading. The user is instructed to press the Start button to play.

I made several movies sucessfully and got them on to my web site. Everything was going along fine for awhile but for some unexplained reason when I try to make more movies they show a black screen on the first frame, with a small artifact in the upper left corner. The artifact looks like a portion of the real first frame.

I know my source files are good. I tried over and over to get the encoder to work properly, trying different settings and so on. I reinstalled the encoder. I rebooted. I tried converting my mpgs to WMVs before encoding. Nothing works. I still get the black screen.

If I set the movie to play automatically on loading, I do NOT see the black screen. But this is not what I want to do on my web site.

I was leaning toward purchasing your program - if I can get this error resolved. I need help! Here is a screen shot of my black screen, showing the artifact:

Thanks,
- Clark

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: system is at fault
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:24 pm 

I checked all my mpgs in other Flash decoders am am testing. They are ALL (except in Sorenson) getting the black screen in the first frame! I guess this means my o/s is corrupted or something. The mgs play fine in Windows Media player. No black frame seen in that mode.

Does anybody have a clue to this? Maybe I have some conflict of programs or some filter problem.

Thanks,
- Clark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:10 am 
Support Team
Support Team

Hello Clark,

Could you please provide one of the problematic file for us to have a check? That will be helpful for us to check this problem for you.

If you can not send the file to us due to big size, you can send a email to support@sothink.com to obtain the method about sending file to us.

Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:54 am 

I had about 4 or 5 demo encoders from various vendors installed on my PC, including Sothink Trial. I uninstalled all of them, then reinstalled Sothink. I am not getting the black screens anymore so that is great. There must have been some conflict.

- Clark