I have Flash Video Encoder v2.0 build 61230. This is a good program, and would be even better if:
- The HTML file chooser dialog recognized the .html file type as well as .htm
- Settings (paths, audio parameters, file names and file types, autoplan/rewind/repeat/urls) were remembered between program invocations. Best if the persistent parameters were stored in a file containing the user-defined profile instead of in the registry.
- The estimated FLV file size was displayed when setting conversion parameters
In addition, the player should:
- support full-screen mode (if Flash 9 detected at runtime)
- allow an image file (PNG, GIF or JPG) to be displayed when the player is rewound. The image would be specified in the encoding parameters
- allow the image file to optionally be dimmed, and a semi-transparent play button superimposed on it (like YouTube.com)