SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: A Couple of Suggestions.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:33 pm 
Guru

I just took a very quick look at the Tree Menu Beta. As is the case with Sothink DHTMLMenu, the user interface is very good; however, there were a couple of features I couldn't find, and it would be nice if they could be included:

1) The program should include a feature to generate a site map, similar to the feature in DHTMLMenu.

2) It would be nice if the menu could indicate a visitor's location in the site, similar to the tree menu at:

http://pittstop.com/tipstricks/index.html

If these features are included and I missed them, I apologize.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:05 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hello Bill,

Thanks very much for your good suggestion.

The two features you provided are not included in the program currently.

We will forward your suggestion to our R & D department. If there are many users request this feature, we will take it into consideration in future release of the program.

Thanks for your concern on this matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:29 am 

Bill's got a good point there.

Whilst I've not downloaded your program I have no doubt about it's capabilities as I'm a fan of your DHTMLMenu.

8)

But from your FAQ you don't mention any onDemand features.

:shock:

For example over a year ago I was asked to create a tree menu for a motorsport website. This website lists every single statistic since 1950s for F1 including any events, drivers, teams etc.

After weeks of searching I found one suitable ASP component for the onDemand feature.

Even then it took a while to get the tree menu fast enough (we had to split the drivers/teams into seperate menus) but with more and more records being added after each GP it will eventually slow down more and more.

The tree menu currently has a total of 202,744 branches and the navigational route table (to work out what tree options to expand to get to a certain driver/team/event etc) has 1,108,830 tree roots.

So naturally it had to have a load onDemand feature!

Will your tree system have a onDemand feature that connects to a database source? f not it might be worth considering, and if it does get added I'll review it for the company and suggest a possible upgrade to your tree menu.

Many thanks, Ben.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:13 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Tree Menu supports onDemand feature, which is as same as that in DHTMLMenu program.

Later we will add relevant information into FAQ of help documentation.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:13 pm 

gracie wrote:
Tree Menu supports onDemand feature, which is as same as that in DHTMLMenu program.

Later we will add relevant information into FAQ of help documentation.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Hi,

Sorry to dig this post up from the past but I've just got round to trying it and I cannot see any onDemand feature... yes it has the conditions as your DHTML menu so that it hook into a database via ASP etc.

For example;

I have a databse listing every single statistic in F1 since it first started in 1950s. As stated in my previous post it has over 202,744 nodes so loading these all at once is not an option.

Please could you clarify whether the software does have an onDemand feature and if so how to implement it?

Other than that I found it quick and easy to pick up due to it's similar interface with DHTML menu. Many thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:40 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hello BenVic,

We have provided an asp example for our customers on the website, you can check whether it will be helpful to you:
http://www.sothink.com/product/treemenu ... /aspdb.php

Referring to "onDemand feature," could you please tell us your requirement more specifically? It will be helpful for us to check this problem.

Thanks a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:47 pm 

Sophia W. wrote:
Hello BenVic,

We have provided an asp example for our customers on the website, you can check whether it will be helpful to you:
http://www.sothink.com/product/treemenu ... /aspdb.php

Referring to "onDemand feature," could you please tell us your requirement more specifically? It will be helpful for us to check this problem.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Sophia,

The onDemand feature means it would load the next tear of nodes only when the client user requests it. So the tree view would load with the root menu options, then if a user selected the first node it would then expand and load dynamically the next load.

I've sent you a PM to a website which has a component that can already do this - I won't post it on here as they are a competitor of yours.

Many thanks, Ben.