SourceTec Software

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:02 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:11 am 
Poster

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby has been released from hospital after suffering a broken jaw in a game last weekend. Nike Free Run+ 3 Laufschuhe Blau Weiß . The Penguins confirmed on their Twitter account that Crosby was released Monday. He will be out of the Penguins lineup indefinitely. Crosby suffered the injury in the first period of the Penguins 2-0 win over the New York Islanders when he was struck in the mouth by a puck from a deflected slapshot. The injury was as an unfortunate end to an otherwise stellar March for Crosby, who was named the NHLs first star of the month for putting up 25 points during the Penguins 15-game winning streak. He currently leads the league with 56 points (15 goals, 41 assists). The Eastern Conference-leading Penguins play their first game without Crosby on Tuesday night at home against Buffalo. Nike Free 3.0 V3 . Chiarelli and Thomas confirmed last month that the Stanley Cup-winning netminder was not playing in 2012-13. Thomas has one year left on his current deal, which carries a $5 million cap hit for the 2012-13 season. nike Free Online Schweiz . A ponderous field-position struggle resulted in only three field goals going into the fourth quarter. http://www.nikefreeschweiz.ch/nike-free-run+-2-ew-93/ . The team used its amnesty clause on Scola, according to the person who spoke on condition of anonymity Friday because the move has not been announced. Nike Free 6.0 Laufschuhe Rosa Blau Weiß . Radwanska is scheduled to meet four-time Wimbledon champion Serena Williams for the title Saturday. Radwanska played with the ailment Thursday, when she beat Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 and became the first Polish player to reach a Grand Slam final since 1939. Nike Free 3.0 V4 Laufschuhe Lila Grau . The Heat played without NBA MVP LeBron James, who was out with "general soreness," according to coach Erik Spoelstra. Josh Harrelsons 3-pointer with 1:01 remaining put the Heat ahead for good at 102-99.SAN DIEGO - San Diego Padres slugger Carlos Quentin on Sunday dropped his appeal and began serving an eight-game suspension for rushing the mound and inciting a brawl in which Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke broke his left collarbone. With the suspension starting with Sundays game against Colorado, Quentin will miss the Padres three-game series at Dodger Stadium beginning Monday night. "Theres been many different ideas and thoughts and concerns out there," Quentin said Sunday. "Let me say this as far as the Dodgers series: Obviously I will miss the upcoming one but I will be a part of the rest. We play them many times." Quentin charged the mound after he was hit in the upper left arm by a pitch from Greinke. The two players lowered their shoulders and Quentin slammed into Greinke, who broke his left collarbone in the wild fight that ensued. Quentin has said he felt justified rushing the mound because Greinke hit him with pitches during the 2008 and 2009 seasons, when they played in the AL. Going into Thursday nights game, Quentin had hit three home runs in 24 at-bats against Greinke, who signed a $147 million contractt with the Dodgers in the off-season. Nike Free 3.0 V3 Laufschuhe Blau Dunkel Blau Weiß. . "Its very difficult," Quentin said of the suspension. "Its unfortunate that someone got hurt in this instance. But I do believe that I had to protect myself. And I will stand by that statement and at the same time I will begin my suspension." Quentin, Greinke, Jerry Hairston Jr. and Matt Kemp were ejected. Hairston was given a one-game suspension. No discipline has been announced for Greinke and Kemp. Greinke underwent surgery Saturday to repair his broken collarbone. The Dodgers said Greinke is expected to return to play in eight weeks. Manager Bud Black said he doesnt think there will be any carryover when the Padres play at Dodger Stadium this week. "I think the underlying thing was lets get this behind us," Black said. "Lets start playing baseball. Lets get this distraction away from our club as quickly as possible. Thats something thats been talked about for the last four days." Quentin also was fined $3,000. Also, the Padres recalled infielder-outfielder Kyle Blanks and optioned right-hander Thad Weber to Triple-A Tucson. ' ' '