SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:33 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:21 am 
Poster

LOS ANGELES -- Coming off a loss two nights earlier in Denver, the Oklahoma City Thunder were more interested in bouncing back with a win than making any statements against the Clippers. Nike Free 3.0 V2 Laufschuhe Weiß Schwarz . Kevin Durant scored 32 points, Russell Westbrook added 26 and the Thunder won 109-97 on Tuesday night in a matchup of teams with the two best records in the NBA. "Weve got 82 games and we want to play well every night," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "We dont put more emphasis on any one game. We know the Clippers are one of the best teams, and with Chris Paul in or out, theyve still got a great team." Serge Ibaka added 17 points before fouling out late while helping the Thunder improve to a league-best 33-9 and expand their lead in the Western Conference standings to one game over the Clippers, who were without All-Star Paul. They fell to 32-11. "They were missing Chris Paul, which is a huge piece, but they were still good in his absence," Durant said. "We wanted to come in here and get a good road win." Blake Griffin had 31 points and 11 rebounds, and Jamal Crawford added 14 points off the bench. Eric Bledsoe scored 12 points starting in place of Paul, who missed his fourth game because of a bruised right kneecap. He missed three road wins last week, then played the next two games but it was obvious Paul wasnt himself so he was held out Tuesday. After the game, coach Vinny Del Negro said, "Chris is going to be out. Hopefully, we get him back soon. Its a day-to-day thing." The Clippers play 10 of their next 11 on the road. "Chris is the orchestrator. Hell organize everything out there," Crawford said. "Theres no way to replace him, but collectively well get it together." The Clippers had won four straight at home against the Thunder, and they led much of the first quarter before giving up the lead for good early in the second. "Theyre a good team at home, and right now were two of the best teams in the NBA," Westbrook said. "It was a big win for us. We made some big shots and guys made the right plays." Los Angeles made a run to start the fourth, with Grant Hill and Crawford combining to score seven in a row and close to 82-75. That was as close as the Clippers came in losing their second straight. "They just hit shots down the stretch," Griffin said. "We tried to fight back, but we put ourselves in too big of a hole. They have the best record in the NBA for a reason. Every game for us we know were going to get a teams best. Were not going to hang our heads." Durant keyed a 3-point barrage over the next nearly 4 minutes, making three of them himself while Westbrook added one and Ibaka had another to extend the Thunders lead to 99-82 -- their largest of the game. Three of those 3s came after the Thunder grabbed offensive rebounds. "I couldnt find a shot early on because they were playing some great defence. They were putting multiple guys on me when I was driving and on pick-and-rolls, so I just tried to take what the defence was giving me and be aggressive," Durant said. "My shots were falling and my teammates were getting offensive rebounds and kicking it out for 3s. We were getting guys open for 3s. When were driving and kicking, were pretty good." Durant scored on a driving dunk to make it 101-85, then punctuated it by punching his right arm in the air. The Clippers cut their deficit to 105-97. After Westbrook missed, Griffin raced down court and proceeded to throw the ball into the seats. He bent over with his head in his hands. Having beaten the Clippers in overtime in November, the Thunder won the season series, with one game remaining on Jan. 22. "We know we can beat them if we eliminate some of the offensive rebounds and 3-pointers," Matt Barnes said. "We fear nobody." Oklahoma City pulled away to a 77-61 lead in the third on a 3-pointer by Thabo Sefolosha and a fast break dunk by Westbrook. The Clippers cut it to nine on seven straight points, including four by Crawford, before the Thunder scored the last five points to lead 82-68 going into the fourth. The Thunder controlled the second, taking their first lead of the game on Kevin Martins 3-pointer 45 seconds in. That launched a 13-2 run that gave the Thunder a nine-point lead, their largest to that point. Griffin scored the Clippers final six points to help them close to 49-45 at halftime. The Clippers led by eight before the Thunder closed the first quarter on an 8-0 run to tie the game at 22-all. NOTES: It was Pauls bobblehead night. ... Clippers F Caron Butler swatted away a shot in the second quarter and the ball hit referee Derek Richardson in the head, knocking him backward to the court. He wasnt hurt. ... The Thunder improved to 2-1 on their season-high six-game trip. ... The Clippers agreed to a 10-year extension of their lease at Staples Center, where they are one of the arenas original tenants. The extension takes effect at the end of this season, and will keep them in the arena through June 2024. Nike Free Schweiz . -- Denny Hamlin won the pole for the second straight year at Fontana on Friday, turning a lap of 187. Nike Free 3.0 V3 Laufschuhe Blau Dunkel Blau Weiß . Schmidt earned her first medal of the competition clocking two minutes 14.30 seconds. Siwicki notched her third silver this week finishing in 2:16.97. Australias Rebecca Dungan was third in 2:19.00. Daniel Kuiack of Barrie, Ont. http://www.nikefreeschweiz.ch/nike-free-run+-3-gh-84/ . When Atlanta tried to get tough, the Pacers buckled down and got even tougher. Nike Free Run+ 3 Laufschuhe Blau Weiß . Duff, a fourth-year urban planning student from Moncton, N.B., scored five of the Stingers six goals last weekend, including both game-winners, as Concordia stayed in the hunt for a playoff spot thanks to a pair of shutout victories against Bishops, 4-0, and UQAM, 2-0. Nike Free 3.0 Amphibious Laufschuhe Lila . Promoter Top Rank said Tuesday that the fight in Pavliks hometown of Youngstown, Ohio, had been cancelled. Pavlik returned to the ring after a nearly 13-month layoff to beat Alfonso Lopez by majority decision in May.VANCOUVER -- Danish goalkeeper David Ousted began his education in North American soccer Monday with his first Vancouver Whitecaps practice. The first lesson: Try to get along with your teammates when battling for a starting spot. Ousted hopes to develop a rapport with his peers now that he gives the Whitecaps four goalkeepers. "Its going to be a tough competition, but I think its going to be great," said Ousted, 28, who joined the Whitecaps last week after 10 seasons in his homeland. "I think its going to develop everybody and, hopefully, itll help the team." The second lesson: Whitecaps coach Martin Rennie loves to develop competition at each position. Accordingly, Rennie was non-committal on Ousteds role once he becomes eligible to play in Major League Soccer after the international transfer window opens July 9. "Were playing well and were winning games," said Rennie. "Brad (Knighton, the current starter) has got a good record at the moment, so I think hes just gotta keep focused on that." In a rare break from his one-game-at-a-time approach, Rennie suggested Ousteds signing was more about the future than the present. "Joe (Cannon) probably wont be with us going into next season," said Rennie. "So we needed to make sure that we had another goalkeeper for next season." In other words, Rennie was not in a hurry to give Knightons No. 1 job to Ousted. Neither was Knighton, who is in line to start Saturdays game at D.C. United and two more before Ousted is eligible -- unless Cannon, 38, who is playing out the final year of his contract, gets the call in the meantime. "I dont see my mentality changing," said Knighton, who sports a 3-1-1 record. "It is what (Cannon) and I were doing. Obviously, were competing every day for a spot. Its not the only position that theres competition for. Everybodys fighting for a spot in this team, and its tough to change the team when were winning. "So, obviously, thats a decision (management) are going to have to make. "My job is just to go in there and compete, and make saves in the game and keep us in the game and get wins in the win column over these next three games." The surging Whitecaps (6-5-4) have won four of their past six gamees and moved into playoff contention in the Western Conference. nike Free Online Schweiz. But they have only one clean sheet this season -- registered by Cannon in the first game of the season against Toronto. Cannon, who began the season as the teams starter, did not offer his thoughts to reporters on what he thinks of the extra competition. But during drills late in practice, he almost gleefully dove to the ground for balls and attempted saves while lying down as rain and hail pounded the UBC turf. His actions suggested that he is more than willing to battle for playing time. Rookie Simon Thomas, 23, of Victoria, is the clubs fourth goalkeeper, and does not factor into the playing time equation as of now. In addition to earning playing time, Ousted will have to show that he can handle the rigours of MLS, which include travel across the continent, more international talent and, at times, highly physical play. "I think its a stronger league," said Ousted. "From what Ive seen over here, there are some good players, some good teams. The physical (fitness) level is high, and the technical level as well, and Im looking forward to the challenge." Some of Ousteds new teammates are also interested in seeing how the battle for the No. 1 goalkeeping job will play out. "The main thing is, it generates competition and, as individuals, we thrive on competition. ... For me, its always been a recipe for success," said central defender Andy OBrien, who continues to recuperate from a hamstring injury. "The competition and the pressure may well bring out the best in the individual." Meanwhile, Whitecaps striker Camilo was name MLS player of the week Monday. The Brazilian scored two goals and added an assist in a 3-1 win over Chivas USA last week. He has produced six goals and three assists in his last five games. The honour comes after he battled to get into the lineup earlier this season. But Rennie was not willing to let him rest easy, either. "He worked extra hard when he wasnt in the team, and now hes in the team," said Rennie. "We want to make sure that he stays in." Note: Central defender Brad Rusin, who has missed the past four games with a calf injury, returned to practice and hopes to play Saturday. ' ' '