SourceTec Software

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:07 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: navigational menu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:55 pm 
Poster

Help !!!!!!<br><br>I used cool menu and it works great but as soon as my templates got deeper in level cool menu cannot find the linked pages.<br><br>let me explain<br><br>here is my menu<br><br>home products contact us<br>under products I have anotherdrop down menu as follows<br>converters<br>switches<br>gigabit<br>nics<br><br>the converters icon takes you to the converter.htm page. by the way the index.htm file and converter.htm file are in the same root directory.<br>On the converter.htm page I have a table in the middle with icons to choose from for different products. each icon take you to a subdirectory off the root called products and the to another directory within products with the name of the icon you clicked on.<br><br>this is as deep my files get.<br><br>so when I designed the menu I figured I would design it so that the same menu would be on every page just the ones mentioned above and every page would be a different table leading to the right product.<br><br>well my problem is that when the htm files are in the root directory they work fine as soon as I click on an icon and it takes me into products directory and then into another directory file the menu does not know how to get back to the root directory.<br><br>under URL I used \converters.htm this will only work as long as it in the same root directory.<br><br>Do I need to first calculate how deep I need to go and them set up the menu accordinly. I found the if I put ../../../converters.htm it works. there must be an easier way to figure out how to build these menus <br><br>anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>I am pulling my hair out already and I do not have much to begin with.<br><br>

Post subject: navigational menu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:53 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Don't so worried, please! Here are some examples.<br>Suppose there are three files:<br>file 1: c:\temp\a.htm<br>file 2: c:\temp\sub\b.htm<br>file 3: c:\temp\sub\c.htm<br> <br>If you want to create a link in a.htm, links to b.htm, the link should be: sub/b.htm<br>If you want to create a link in b.htm, links to a.htm, the link should be: ../a.htm<br>If you want to create a link in c.htm, links to b.htm, the link should be: b.htm<br><br>Sorry, currently there is no other easier way to set the link.<br><br>Regards<br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>