SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:00 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Sliding Menus
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:55 pm 

I've just purchsed Sliding menu based on my trial with the 30-day free trial version. Everything seems to work well in the preview mode. I create a new page and open it in Frontpage 2002. I copy the code in the left _border of my template. In preview mode in FP, I see my menu. I save everything, close FP, open my index.htm and now I don't see the menu, I only see a gray box instead. What's going on ? I work on XP pro. In my advanced Internet Options, Java console & Compiler are activated. Do I have to download that 10 MB files from Sun just to get Sliding menu working ?!?! I hope it's not the case because if I have to tell my site visitors to download 10MB before navigating my site ! gosh, forget it ! I want a refund !<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:10 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

So you used shared border in FP. Please try using include file, which has the same effect as shared border. <br>For more information about how to use Slidingmenu in include file, please go to: <A HREF="http://www.sothink.com/kb/Answer.pl?faq_id=167" target="_new">http://www.sothink.com/kb/Answer.pl?faq_id=167</A>.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:10 am 

Thanks Ellie, in fact now it's working appropriately BUT I have the following problem now : in my menu I have 3 levels of submenus. When I click on let say sublevel #2, when the page appears, the menu on the page sub#2 contracts so I never see what's on sublevel#3. If I click the option to see all the branch all the time, it's not practical for the visitor. Is there a way to let or transfer the sublevel information to the new page so the menu stays where the visitor is in the menu ?<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:03 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Glad to help you!<br>However, SildingMenu is not able to do that as you described.<br>Sorry! :(<br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>