SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:30 am 

Hi there,<br>I am using Cool Text with front page, my page is rtl direction and I am trying to put some arabic (rtl) text in the cool text box, but in the preview I comes as Left-to-Right text though it is shown in arabic.<br>How can I change the alignment to rtl inside the cooltext box..<br><br>Any clue, highly appreciated.<br><br>Ahmed<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:51 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Normally, there is no such problem on Windows 2000 or XP.<br>But Window 98 maybe have problems.<br><br>BTW, did you directly input the arabic or copy and paste it?<br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:01 am 

I have it on Win XP.<br>I hope you got my concern.<br>I need to show the vertical slider right to left specifically.<br>How can I make the the direction of the text inside the cooltext box during the show to come from right-tol-eft with right alignment<br>.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:56 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

To enable Arabic to show correctly, please follow the settings below:<br>Open Control Panel, go to "Regional and Language Options", and in Adavanced tab, please select "arabic" for "Language for non-Unicode programs".<br>If there is no option of "arabic", please go back to Lauguage tab, check "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai) ".<br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:18 am 

Hello Ellie,<br><br>I think we have a misuderstanding.<br>My problem not related to the arabic if it shows up or not, it's about to show up from r2l direction. for instance, if you type a line in arabic and you didnt continue the whole line, there might be a space in the line and that suppose to be the left side of the line in arabic.<br>Go and take a deep look at my link I have sent you.<br>If you see it, The arabic shows up, but because of the alignment is left to right in the cooltext are (only) , the text comes with spaces in the lines from the right side, which is wrong in the arabic language. So , I need the way to change the alignment from L2R to R2L inside the cooltext are.<br>The Whole page's alignment is R2L that's why other arabic text comes correct, except that in java text.<br><br>Thanx n advance, you help is urgently needed and of course appreciated.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:17 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hi,<br><br>Sorry, I misunderstood your meaning.<br>I know your problem now. <br>Did you use vertical scrolling in the animate style? Actually, there are problems when showing arabic as you said.<br>Please change the animate style into "Moving banner" and set the animate direction to "bottom to top". Set the horizontal alignment of the text to "right". I have tested the above settings, which can solve your problem. <br><br>Hope it helps!<br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:03 am 

Thank you so much for your reply. I did follow your last reply and it did work fine, but it seemed I cant put long text there, I did put a long line, but in the preview i cant see it , i can see the the first word only, the rest are hidden somewhere. It seems the text were not wrapped within the banner size.<br><br>Would you please check for that.<br>BR.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:15 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Yes, the text was not wrapped within the banner size.<br>I am afraid, you have to input "enter" to manually adjust the display of the text.<br>And as we know, your text is a little long, so the text cannot fully be displayed within one banner. In this case, you'd better add more banners, which has the same features as the existing one, and move some text there. Adjust the delay time to display next banner to a proper value so as to let the text moving like the natural scrolling.<br><br>Hope it helps!<br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>