SourceTec Software

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:56 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Frames
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 8:07 am 
Poster

I started using your sothink HTML editor to design a new web site. I used a pre-existing template from sothink called BLUE DREAM. Half way through my design I realized I would like to have a frames on the left side for my menu so that if I add to it all pages change. How can I make a the left side menu and the top menu (banner) a frame so that it can be common to all pages ?<br><br>Second question is can I make some menu pages common to each other and make other menu pages common to each other.<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 1:06 am 
Guru

You can do as follows to set the page to be viewed in a normal way:<br><br>1. Save the page with the template. In order to explain more clearly, we suppose the page is saved as Blue.htm.<br><br>2. Create a new page and insert the menu in it. Then save it as Menu.htm. <br><br>3. Create another new page, and then save it as Frame.htm. In HTML mode of Frame page, put the cursor between under the <html>. Then click Frame button in the toolbar. In popuping Frame dialog, select Left frame.<br><br>4. Still in HTML mode of Frame page, put the cursor at <frame name=left...> and verify that the property panel is tagged as frame now. Then in Attributes table, find out Name row and click it. (Notice that a little button appear in its right cell.) Input Left into the right cell. Then click SRC cell and another button appear in its right cell. Click the button to pick up Menu.htm in the local PC.<br><br>5. Similar the step 4 to set right frame and link it to Blue.htm.<br><br>6. Save Frame and preview the effect.<br><br> <br><br>I'm sorry to tell you that I didn't catch the meaning of "can I make some menu pages common to each other and make other menu pages common to each other.". So could explain it in detail?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 2:42 am 
Poster

Thanks for the answer , <br>My second question was, How could I make some of my pages have the same left menu and some of my pages have another type of left menu. The reason for my question is this, I would like to some how make my life easier in design. When the left menu changes let say there is an addition to it, I would like to find an easy way to add this addition to multiple pages that this specific menu is on. I do not want to go page by page making the change. what is the easiest way to do this ?<br><br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 2:45 am 
Poster

by the way if you look at my reply to you answer in my last post in regard to making changes. This is the reason I wanted to make frames. BUT if you think that there may be any easier way and does not involve framing please let me know. The easier the better to get my web design finished and to keep it maintained.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:22 am 
Guru

In Sothink HTML Editor, you can do as following steps to simplify the operation:<br>1. Open a page in the editor. <br>2. In HTML or Design mode, create a menu by SourceTec widget tools and drag it to the left of the page.<br>3. In HTML mode, put the cursor on grey text. Verify that the menu's name is displayed in Widget list on the top of the interface.<br>4. Click Add to Gallery button. Then the menu will be added to the gallery.<br>5. Open another page you want to insert the same menu in the editor.<br>6. In HTML mode, click Gallery button at the bottom of Tool panel, which is on the left by default. Then drag the menu to the HTML window between "body" and " /body"<br>7. If you modify the menu on one page. Please click Synchronize Gallery button in the tool bar while in HTML mode with the menu selected.<br>8. Then open the other page with the menu and click Synchronize Widget button in the tool bar still in HTML mode with the menu selected. <br>Then the change will be applied to both pages with the menu.<br><br>Of course, you can create different menu for different pages as you like. <br>Merry Christmas!<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 4:42 pm 
Poster

Dear Jess,<br><br>Merry Christmas and Happy New year !!!!<br><br>Thanks for talking to me on the phone last night. I finally figured it out thank to your help.<br><br>I need one more favour from you. I am using the blue dream template as the basic template for my web site. <br><br>I would really like to have the menu which is on the left hand side in my gallery so that I can update it when I need it. Is it possible to send me the galler file or template for the menu in blue dream ? <br><br>Thanks for you help again.<br><br>Robert<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 6:09 pm 
Poster

my email address is robert@bsdnetworks.com<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 10:19 pm 
Guru

Happy New Year to you!<br>And you are welcome at any moment!<br><br>In Sothink Html Editor, only the effects made by widget tools can be added to the gallery. But the menu in the template page was not made by the widget tool, so it could not be added to the gallery directly. If you want to add the menu in Blue dream to the gallery, we suggest you to create a similar menu by using the widget tool in the Tools Panel.<br><br>