SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:39 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:38 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Dear everybody here,

We are pleased to inform you the release of Sothink JavaScript Web Scroller version 2.0 (Build:80623).

Functions Enhanced:

* Support creating vertical scrollers.

* Generate a widget of scroller, which is a piece of code that enables other people to "quote" your scroller on their web sites, such as blogs.

* Upgrade plug-in from 3.2 to 3.3 for Dreamweaver, from 3.2 to 3.3 for FrontPage, from 1.7 to 1.8 for Expression Web and from 2.1 to 2.2 for Golive.

* Significantly simplify the Publish dialog - Change the publish dialog to a step by step wizard and move the Web Path function to the "Publish > Advanced" dialog.

* Publish function helps to publish the scroller as a JavaScript include file and publish the CSS file at the same time.

* Add the Map panel to create image maps including one or several hotspots for the item images.

* Enable users to adjust the frame rate of the scroller to make the scrolling smoother.

* Supply multiple scrolling styles including page by page, item by item and continuously. Users can define the interval for style page by page or item by item.

* Supply multiple scroll modes for style scroll page by page, including scrolling mode or transition mode.

* Provide rich resources of effect for transition mode of scrolling.

* Enable users to set the scroll direction as right to left or left to right for horizontal scroller and up to down or down to up for vertical one.

* Add 6 new styles in image border.

* Add a large amount of new templates.

* Classify all the templates into two categories -- horizontal scrollers and vertical ones. Each category includes news scroller, slide show and image scroller.

* Enable users to apply a template theme to their own scroller.

* Enable users to rename or delete the template. Users can also save the created scroller as a new template.

* Optimize the Startup dialog for users to hide the illustration panel.

* Enable users to define scroller type as image only or text only or both image and text in the Startup dialog.

* Optimize the Global panel and divide it into 3 sub panels.

* Provide 3 loop styles including none, circle and back and forth.

* Add the setting "Min. height" to define the minimal height of items.

* Add the setting "Height" to define the height of scroller.

* Enable users to define scroller as image only or text only or both image and text in "Global > General" sub panel.

* Supply "Global > Advanced" sub panel to fit the needs of CGI (ASP, PHP, JSP, Perl, etc.) programmers to create dynamic scroller.

* Move Link prefix function to "Global > Advanced" sub panel from Web Path panel.

* Add an option in dialog "Options > General" to save *.sjc file without copying resources.

* Support Firefox 3, Opera 9.5 and Safari 3.1.

* Support add-in of Expression Web 2.0.

Fixed Bugs:

* Fail to cancel the coding of path.

* The "Check for Updates" dialog will pop up by mistake if installing and running Office 2007 after Sothink JavaScript Web Scroller was installed.

* A mistake prompting dialog will pop up when open the web pages in Dreamweaver or Golive if the web pages are saved in the directory of which the name contains Non-English characters.

* Anti-virus software will identify viruses by mistake when running the program.

You can check more information here:
http://www.sothink.com/product/javascri ... /index.htm

We add new samples here:
http://www.sothink.com/product/javascri ... /index.htm

And new tutorials here:
http://www.sothink.com/tutorials/viewfo ... fbe6ac3646

All the registered users of the previous version can enjoy the free upgrade:
http://www.sothink.com/product/javascri ... pgrade.htm

Hope you will enjoy it!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:12 pm 
Guru

let the bug reports roll in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:45 pm 

Hello,
I just updated to version 2 scroller and cannot get the scroller to work in IE 7. It worked fine in IE 7 with the 1st version, but errors on page load in IE7 with version 2. It works correctly when I view the page with Mozilla FireFox 3 so it is definatlely an IE issue. The version of IE 7 I am using is Version 7.0.5730.13. If I use the stscode.js from the 1st version of scroller, I can get the borders of the scroller to show in IE, however it will not show the images I have added to the scroller. You can see where the scroller is doing a continuous scroll as there is a small line where the image should be. The line is located at the top right of each image. Can you look into this and see if you are getting the same issue. I am using the Blank Scroller Template to create my scroller. I have attached a zipped copy of the .sjc file I used to create my scroller so you can look into it.

Thanks

TS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:17 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

I can see the images in the scroller when I opened your *.sjc file.
Would you please send me the url for a further check?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:03 pm 

Hi Ellie,

Go to www.electronicxtreme.com and in the right column under Xtreme Spotlight: is where the scroller should be. In IE7 it does not want to appear, but then view the page with Mozilla Firefox and it shows up as it should. You can see a working copy of the version 1 platform that does work in IE7 and in Mozilla at www.preowneddepot.com. I had the exact same setup with electronic xtreme and it worked fine however, since I upgraded the scroller on electronic xtreme it has not worked and gives me an error when I load the page in IE7.

Thanks Ellie

TS

You can contact me if you need at support@electronicxtreme.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:38 pm 

Hi Ellie,

I just went back to version 1.2 and it is working fine in IE7 and Mozilla. I am going to stick with this version for a while longer and upgrade to version 2.0 later on.

Thanks much