SourceTec Software

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:45 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:07 am 

OK I am a bit of a noob but I do have some understanding of how this should work so after DL'ing the free demo, I set out to create my first image scroller with your software.

However, for the last two hours and no matter how many options I have tried in relation to the folders destinations... I always end up with just the first 3 images of the 16 I have selected for this scroller when I publish and post online.

And each time I "publish", the code that is generated (whether I am starting a new one or doing a 'Fast Publish' for changes) never reflects the proper path of the local resource folders ... for example:

I select the web page folder C:\Web Sites\JBW\scroller\JBWscroller1\ and the local resource folders are:

Jave Script: C:\Web Sites\JBW\scroller\JBWscroller1\js\

The code that is generated reads
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/stscode.js"></script>

so when I place that code within the head tag (and the corresponding code for the body tag,) I see absolutly nothing online.

Yet when I add scroller\JBWscroller1 to the code so it reads
<script type="text/javascript" src="scroller\JBWscroller1js/stscode.js"> I do see my title but just 3 images.

And this is a consistent result no matter how I try to define the paths! What am I doing wrong? Or is it a problem with the software.

Thanks and hoping to be sold on the product!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:05 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hi there,

We are sorry that the unregistered version can be used in 30 days only for evaluation purpose. Before you register it, it only supports generating THREE scroller items when you publish the scroller.

Thanks for your understanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:01 am 

cindyrae wrote:
Hi there,

We are sorry that the unregistered version can be used in 30 days only for evaluation purpose. Before you register it, it only supports generating THREE scroller items when you publish the scroller.

Thanks for your understanding.

Hello Cindy,

Thank you for your reply and clarrification on the issue.

However, my concern now is that your demo states "FULLY FUNCTIONAL" for 30 days and nowhere did I see anything written about a '3 image limitation' ... Please correct me if I am wrong but I equate this revelation to being told that the house is all mine to use, then finding out that toilet is only available when I start paying the mortgage!

Now my interest in purchasing your product was based on being able to try out a FULLY FUNCTIONAL (as advertised) demo for 30 days! Being subjected to this non-disclosed limitation does not allow me to truly test the software's functionality combined with the end result of the online visual impact.

So although I did enjoy the ease of use of the UI, I can not make a qualified decision based on this limitation.

I suggest that you reduce the time line to 15 days or less and provide FULL Functionality without publishing limitations.

In closing, I reiterate, please indicate where this 3 image limitation is stated so I can apologize for this veiled rant :)

On the other hand, if there is no indication of the aforementioned, then your company needs to immediately rectify the deception and perhaps extend your customer service to more then just an apology.

Thanks for listening!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:59 am 
Guru

says it in plain english on the download page near the end of the writing, always has done for each program.

http://www.sothink.com/product/javascri ... wnload.htm

if they have a *Fully Functional* program the way you want it, there would be no need for anyone to register it as they would do what i already do to a couple of other programs, run it on a virtual machine with deepfreeze installed so it resets all trial information so the program never expires the trial period. you cant do that with sothinks programs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:34 pm 

TheUsername wrote:
says it in plain english on the download page near the end of the writing, always has done for each program.

http://www.sothink.com/product/javascri ... wnload.htm

if they have a *Fully Functional* program the way you want it, there would be no need for anyone to register it as they would do what i already do to a couple of other programs, run it on a virtual machine with deepfreeze installed so it resets all trial information so the program never expires the trial period. you cant do that with sothinks programs.

Ahhh! I see it now. Thanks now I feel better :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:07 am 
Support Team
Support Team

-------------------------
to Mr.Halloween :arrow:
-------------------------

Thanks for your understanding!

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Have a nice day! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:25 pm 

You need to fix your website because this page was never displayed for me. If I go to http://www.sothink.com/ and then click on PRODUCTS and click on "JavaScript Web Scroller" the limitation is not specified anywhere on that page and when I click the download button I'm NOT taken to the download page. Instead I am presented with a File Download dialog box where I can save the download.

I spent an hour trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, reading the help file and searching online and finally found this posting which of course made me more frustrated.