SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:08 am 
Old Hand

I've been among several here who also use Serif's Website design software AND Javascript Web Scroller. Until recently, I was only able to use my scrollers (in Webplus they are called "sliders") by putting them in a separate web page and then inserting them into the site via an Iframe. Thankfully, NAZ from the Serif forums has helped me to make the files created to work with Webplus without pulling my last few strands of hair out.

Process is as follows:

In Webplus:

Go to "Tools > Sitemanager > File Manager"
Click on the "root" folder one time.
On the right, click "Add Folder"
Name this folder whatever your folder is that you have saved your compiled scroller to.
Click on that folder, then click on "Add Folder"
Create the same file structure as the folder of your compiled scroller EXCEPT for the images folder. Files in /.js and /.css to their respective folders.
Click on the "root" folder one time.
On the right, click "Add Folder"
Name the folder "images", and copy all you images from the "image" folder of your scroller into this folder. The images folder MUST be in the root level or it will not work.
Click on the button to add code, and drag the box to the approximate size needed. Need not be exact yet.
Copy the head code from JWS and click "Paste To Head". Edit the path for the .js & .css folders by adding "name of folder you created/" before each file in the head code.
Copy the body code from JSW and click "Paste To Body". Repeat editing the path as above.
Close the code box, resize the code box to the appropriate size.

Preview in browser, and drop by the Serif forums and thank Naz for figuring it out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:10 pm 
Old Hand

The Dallas Cowboys are a bunch of QUEERS. No, don't want anything from the gay boys of the prairie.