SourceTec Software

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:54 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Folder for photos
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:33 am 
Poster

:( I think we are talking about different issues. I am talking about getting the photos into the wizard. Open say a slideshow template and it is filled with pictures by SoThink in the Resource folder. Now I must change each of those to my pictures which I have on my hard drive in say My Pictures. I click on the Item Image in Web Sccroller and it takes me to the Scroller Resource folder. I now have to click through to the My Pictures folder, select one picture. Now the next one and it is the same routine - to resource folder to click through to My Pictures and on and on. With say 50 pictures this is a horror story to do.
I should be able to set my own Resource folder each time or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:59 pm 

THANKS GUYS.

Post subject: Complaints!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:56 am 
Poster

After a long exchange in the Forum to resolve a reference issue(s) the 'guru' suggested I post my end notes here in case it helps future development so here goes. But note I am a regular SoThink product user and still will use the Scroller - I just think it needs cleaning up for simplicity in some areas.

Simplicity is in the eye of the beholder and sometimes those who have expertise cannot see how to simplify. I have worked at computers in biz since 1976 and websites since 1998 and now maintain and service over 40 sites for non-profits and charities. I buy software all the time to ease the job or make it more interesting.
This particular program has been by far the very worst for figuring out the way to make it function on sites. I don't think I learned a thing about webdesign - just how to make this tough critter function - maybe.
Simple solutions.
-Describe how links should be done on the program page -it would only take a small line or so on the tabbed page
-the Publish page is a mess. Yes I want the result saved to this folder on my hard drive. Then what are the file references needing filling in below for js and images. What is the nearly greyed out Resources folder entry block for? Either everything goes with the main result or they don't or they are for very advanced users only and should be over there.
- putting a slidshow in a folder other than the main index folder is hardly for Advanced users only - it would be the most common place or there would be conflicts as soon as more than one slideshow was put up and taking them down at anytime would be tedious.
- From the very start I had 3 pictures showing in a horiozonatl mode both in the program and in the preview yet even in your efforts the program only generated 2 pictures across on the web. The width of 40% was too little and had to go to pixals and 400 to get three across. Waste of time and for many would not be clear how to fix. An easy coding fix at SoThink says I.
- there were other confusing items and not even in the usual SoThink style for me to fall back on.
Finally the program when it works and when it is setup right produces a nice result. I suggest getting there is the problem. Consider how many trial versions did not turn into purchases over this.
Again thanks but I had to get it off my chest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:01 am 

i was actually amazed at the results i got from the sothink. especially how certian properties were generated from certian databases primarily using cold fusion language.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:35 am 

[quote="neo314"] Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:45 am

For text tickers, and for images as well I suppose, the ability to set item width individually or set the width as 'auto' that would allow text strings of different links to scroll by with the same space between each one.

[/quote]

Hey,
It's been a while since this was posted. Anyone come up with a way to do this?
This seems to be a necessary feature for news tickers!
Getting the item width to fit the content without wrapping and without extra space. News items can be 3 words or 20 words...
Thanks,
me.

P.s.

I'll work on it too. If I succeed, I'll let y'all know...

Edit: Hey forum admin! What's up with the BBCode? Enable it please...

Last edited by ybaras on Fri May 14, 2010 5:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:02 am 
Guru

[quote="ybaras"]
Edit: Hey forum admin! What's up with the BBCode? Enable it please...[/quote]

Yet another person complaining about the forum, COME ON SOTHINK, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:24 pm 

[quote="Cindyrae"]Hi Sinecure_Bob,

All your scroller relevant images will be set into a folder by default, and all the images will be published there automatically!

So for your problem, we [url=http://www.lalinguaarabapertutti.com/]s[/url]uggest you kindly have a check whether all the images are located in the correct directory first.

If you still get problem, please upload your web page, scroller SJC file and all the relevant images for further check.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards[/quote]

THANKS FOR HELP