SourceTec Software

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:22 am 

Have just bought Glanda and am looking to find out where the images are located on the website I just did. It looks like the info used for the site comes from macromedia? Is my site going to be free standing or will it forever rely on some other site providing the files to enable my site to work?<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:27 pm 

Webmaster are you online? Can I please have a response to my question. I need to know how the Sothink Glanda software works. By that I mean does the java script that is used to produce the Glanda menus at movies rely on a third party website to function? I have looked at the the source code for my website (produced with FrontPage) and can not see any movie files, images or anything. Perhaps I am not looking in the right place? Please help me understand because I can not use this software for my clients websites if their is a risk of the site not working in the future if another site goes down. This may not be the case (I hope not).<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:23 pm 

Sorry for the late response.<br><br>You refered "the images". I guess you mean the Flash movies. The Flash movies are SWF format files with an extension like .swf. To use the Flash movies, you should insert them into your web page and upload them to your server. <br>When a surfer try to view your page. He/she have to have the Flash player installed on his/her web browser. But you don't have to worry about it because almost every browser have the player installed. In case there is no player installed. The web page will direct him/her to download and install the player from Macromedia's web site. That's why you find the link led to other web site like macromedia. It doesn't mean your web site rely on other sites. <br>When you view the code of your web page, you should find something like<br><br><OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0" ID=Movie1 WIDTH=100 HEIGHT=50><br> <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="/button/test.swf"><br> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><br> <EMBED src=/button/test.swf quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH=100 HEIGHT=50 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"><br> </EMBED><br> </OBJECT><br><br>Your Flash movie files had been inserted into the parameter section of the code, like the above one. You can just leave it alone.<br><br>Thanks<br>Hohband Lee<br>SourceTec Software<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:14 pm 

Thanks, got it.<br><br>