SourceTec Software

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:09 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: proposal website
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:12 am 

I am planning on creating a website to propose to my g/f. I have a speech written out that I want to use sothink swf easy to display a word at a time. I tried testing this by first setting a text box with some text and having it fade in. Then created another text box that faded in starting after the first one was done. However the first set of text kept repeating the fade in while the second set of text faded in and stopped. That is what I want, after a line fades in I want it to stop and stay there. I have not yet decided if I want to do one word at a time or a whole line at a time. The idea is for her to have to read all of it line by line. Any help with making this work will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: proposal website
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:34 pm 
Guru

looks like we missed this post amongst all the spam.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:54 am 

Not too late, still in development. Having trouble and wish I could figure it out. If either of you can help I would very much appreciate it!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:54 am 

[quote="dijenga"]Not often on this forum, but it is probably too late to help. If not, let me know. I would love to help. Just celebrated 30th wedding anniversary yesterday.[/quote]
Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:52 am 

I appreciate your help, you can download the zip from here: http://www.billhughesiii.com/downloads/propose.zip
I included the word document I created first and the .gla file I have created already so you can see what I am trying to go for. One word at a time was going to be way too much, so I decided on one line at a time. However even though I turn loop off in the effect, the lines keep looping.

Again thanks, much appreciation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:01 am 

Thank you so much for this! I really appreciate it. Also, thanks for taking the time to explain what needed to be done so I can add to it if I'd like. I wrote that letter off the top of my head one day as I was putting this together because I could not find the original letter I wrote. I have found it though and I can add/change things and know it is going to work thanks to your help. I will write back to let you know how it went.. I cannot wait for her to see this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:32 am 

I wanted to thank you again. She LOVED the site. And said yes of course. It brought her to tears.