SourceTec Software

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:25 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:03 am 

Hi, I know you don't support SWFTOOLS here, but I have a question that starts with Sothink SWF Decompiler for Mac. I just purchased it and have Version 7.1 Build 1854. It worked great. I used to extract both an embedded FLV and the MP3 sound track that were both embedded at frame 1 of a SWF. The fact that I could do this using your tool was a great proof of concept. But I need to be able to script this type of extraction to occur automatically on a Linux server. This is where SWFTOOLs comes in...

But first, let me confirm that there is no command line way to invoke Sothink Mac Decompiler to extract all from a SWF? It seems like it only works through a GUI.

First let me explain. In my case I know that the SWF will always have just one FLV and one MP3 embedded at frame 1.

Now let's shift gears to SWFTOOLS. I can extract the audio easily, but can't figure out how to get the video which is "streamvideo 1" in your export system and shows as Tag Type VideoStreamHead with Tag ID 1 and 927 frames. I can go out and get each frame, but I'd love to extract the whole FLV. Obviously the people who wrote Sothink Decompiler know how to do this but I am wondering if anyone can help me achieve the same thing with SWFTOOLs swfextract command.

I love SWF Decompiler. This isn't a question of replacing it. It's a question of using knowledge obtained about the format of some SWFs to create a command line tool in Linux.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:41 pm 

Dear RichSad, I'm sorry, our programmers don't know much about SWFTOOLS. I'm afraid you have to get the answer from others. Yes, Sothink SWF Decompiler can only work through a GUI, but to develop a version for server sounds great. I've forwarded your requirement to our R & D department, and we'll attempt to find a solution to realize it. Thanks for your suggestion!