SourceTec Software

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:49 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:19 am 

Sorry but could not find a heading for this product. Hoping the Mods can create an index for it?

Here's my issue: I have used the above downloader for years and suddenly it has stopped working. Seems to have happened after upgrade to Firefox 18. Symptoms are these:

Icon flashes and allows me to start the video capture process, but then I get this message and download will not occur:

Warning: include(./admin/includedownload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web-video/download.php on line 2 Warning: include(): Failed opening './admin/includedownload.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/web-video/download.php on line 2

Any known incompatibilities with newer version of Firefox? Suggestions?? THanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:45 pm 

I'm sorry that you encountered this problem. I have forwarded it to our R&D department, and we will endeavor to fix it and release a new version as soon as possible. Sorry for all the inconvenience.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:15 am 

[quote="oliver li"]I'm sorry that you encountered this problem. I have forwarded it to our R&D department, and we will endeavor to fix it and release a new version as soon as possible. Sorry for all the inconvenience.[/quote]

Thank You very much!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:14 am 

I am also experiencing the same problem, however on PC rather than Mac. I'm running Windows vista, using Firefox version 19.0. When I attempt to download a video, I see the message:

Warning: include(./admin/includedownload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web-video/download.php on line 2 Warning: include(): Failed opening './admin/includedownload.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/web-video/download.php on line 2

The download never begins. I updated to the most recent version of web video downloader (version 6.9) but this doesn't help. Have rebooted. Same thing happens with many different youtube videos, whether they be in flv format or in mov format. Please help! This has been happening for about a week, and if I can't find a solution soon, I'll need to switch to a different web video downloader. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:28 am 

[quote="inkystay"]I am also experiencing the same problem, however on PC rather than Mac. I'm running Windows vista, using Firefox version 19.0. When I attempt to download a video, I see the message:

The download never begins. I updated to the most recent version of web video downloader (version 6.9) but this doesn't help. Have rebooted. Same thing happens with many different youtube videos, whether they be in flv format or in mov format. Please help! This has been happening for about a week, and if I can't find a solution soon, I'll need to switch to a different web video downloader. Thanks.[/quote]

Hey thanks for your input...good to know I'm not alone in this!! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:32 am 

[quote="inkystay"]I am also experiencing the same problem, however on PC rather than Mac. I'm running Windows vista, using Firefox version 19.0. When I attempt to download a video, I see the message:

The download never begins. I updated to the most recent version of web video downloader (version 6.9) but this doesn't help. Have rebooted. Same thing happens with many different youtube videos, whether they be in flv format or in mov format. Please help! This has been happening for about a week, and if I can't find a solution soon, I'll need to switch to a different web video downloader. Thanks.[/quote]

Just an FYI, I ended up loading an old version of "Aurora" (Version 17.0a2, 2012-08-29) and the SoThink Web Video downloader works! Not sure if this is available for PC though. Also, if you do this, don't allow it to upgrade because it stops working if you do, at least that's what it did on all my Macs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:52 pm 

[quote="oliver li"]I'm sorry that you encountered this problem. I have forwarded it to our R&D department, and we will endeavor to fix it and release a new version as soon as possible. Sorry for all the inconvenience.[/quote]

Hello, any progress on this??