SourceTec Software

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: SOTHINK SUCKS!
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:24 am 

I wrote a complaint to the SoThink complaints department explaining that it is unfair and an outright rip off to charge Canadians $10 more than our US counterparts when the Canadian dollar is even with the US dollar. And they don't even have the decency to write back. That was a week ago. What kind of company ignores their problems?

Joe Green
Business Owner[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:10 am 
Support Team
Support Team

Dear Joe,

Thanks for your information.

Actually we have contacted Element 5 about the issue and also replied to your ticket (#2008050810001353).

Please check your PM for details.

Thanks for your concern and have a nice day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:03 am 

This was Element 5's reply -
A service we provide to customers is to allow them to order in different types of currencies. In many situations, the customer wants to order in his / her own currency no matter what the price.

Who thinks that people want to order their product no matter what the price? Did someone actually take a minute and think about what they wrote here?

Since we provide this service to customers, we have to take the currency exchange risk due to currency fluctuations. Therefore we must apply a small currency risk insurance fee to the order. In most instances, the currency risk insurance we charge is far less than the amount the customer?s credit card institute or the banks would charge for the currency conversion.

Risk Insurance? Your selling software. If all you make is $75 on my order instead of $85 because the dollar drops then so be it. Will you refund the risk insurance I am paying if the dollar doesn't drop? This is an absolute rip off! You are crooked and should be spending a life sentence in jail for extortion!

Post subject: I rest my case
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:41 am 

Once again after making a comment and showing some evidence, there is no further comment from sothink admins. I am amazed that a company would create a great little program and then ignore a valid concern that a potential customer has. How many people look at your product and don't take the time to write. How many people are leaving your site without buying because they feel like I do - ripped off! Once again I guess you will ignore what I am showing you and you will continue to rip off the Canadian public. Unfortunately there is no happy ending here. I had hoped that I could have reported to anyone else that may read this post that sothink reviewed my case and made the situation right - BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE. Instead I am closing my one sided revelation about our Canadian dollar being equal to the US dollar. Oh well, I'll find another programmer that has a product and doesn't discriminate against Canadians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:18 am 

Quote:
You actually took time to post a useless comment like this in here. I hope when you created your account you checked the little box that says that you are under 13

Joe! - these forums aren't here to start debates. A rep responded to your post, so stop complaining. Sothink did what they could, so get building.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:47 am 

loof wrote:
Quote:
You actually took time to post a useless comment like this in here. I hope when you created your account you checked the little box that says that you are under 13

Joe! - these forums aren't here to start debates. A rep responded to your post, so stop complaining. Sothink did what they could, so get building.

Only an Idiot would post a debate to tell me these forums aren't here to start a debate. I made a complaint, it had nothing to do with you, so take your own advise and don't try to start a debate over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:23 am 
Support Team
Support Team

Dear Joe,

We regret very much on hearing that has caused so much inconvenience on you.

Element 5 is one of the payment methods we accepted for the customers to purchase our products. And the currency is converted automatically by its system. If you are not satisfied with the current currency exchange rate adopted by Element 5, please try ordering our products via PayPal instead.

If all above cannot suit your needs, you can also remit the payment directly to our bank account directly if you like.

Sorry for all the inconvenience on you again.

We appreciate your understanding very much!

Post subject: TheUsername
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:25 pm 

Not to mention when you come to the forum for help, there's this arrogant, self-absorbed, egotistic, unhelpful, condescending, patronizing, high-hat know-nothing-know-it-all b@strd calls himself "The Username" and his only function seems to be to scold, condemn, criticize, denounce, defame, malign, slander, vilify, discredit, and otherwise abuse anyone who has the temerity to come to a user's forum to ask a user question.

I can't view his profile... did he get to be a "guru" by posting 878 insults?

I mean, i'm just browsing for interesting information and he's turned it all sour, like someone peeing in my lemonade.

And i can't make a new topic in a forum named "Feedback" which invites me to "submit your ideas, thoughts, complaints and desires, or just general correspondence here"?

Just pondering the topic of this here thread... but i do gotta give kudos to "cindyrae" for cleaning up after the afore-mentioned b@stard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:59 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

--------------------
to JB Smith :arrow:
--------------------

We are sorry for the inconvenience!

We will take necessary measures if there exist offensive or unpleasant words...(we have sent a PM to you, please kindly have a check)

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Have a nice day! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:09 pm 
Guru

hey sothink, when are you going to clean the database up of bots?? its over flowing, theres twice as many members than there are posts, doesnt this seem stupid to you??

Our users have posted a total of 42399 articles
We have 86546 registered users

p.s. also, the amount of restrictions you have here on posting in certain places etc.. is stupid, it shows poor management of a forum by not fixing the cause of the problem but constantly patching up the issues.
How about using a real forum and some real bot prevention techniques.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:05 pm 

nice post.....

[url=http://simulationempruntimmobilier.com/]taux emprunt
immobilier
[/url]
- Taux emprunt immobilier.
Comparez les offres d’emprunt immobilier, simulation emprunt
immobilier, taux emprunt immobilier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:26 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

----------
:arrow: TheUsername
----------

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused on you.

We are trying our best to find a solution.

Thanks for your understanding!

Email: support@sothink.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:30 pm 
Guru

SharonLee wrote:

We are trying our best to find a solution.

your best is not good enough by the looks.

SharonLee wrote:
Thanks for your understanding!

who said i understood?? i do not understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:21 am 
Support Team
Support Team

--------------------------
to TheUsername :arrow:
--------------------------

Thanks for your ever-support for Sothink!

We would like to advise that our IT Department is going to deploy a spam filter against the spam posts; actually we have been handling the spam issue by manually deleting the posts and ban relevant ID and IP.

We are sorry for the inconvenience; however, we believe that this will be solved soon.

We greatly appreciate your understanding~

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Have a nice day! :)