SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:48 pm 
Can SourceTec Messenger be modified to be used outside of an intranet environment like MSN or AIM is used? I am interested in using it for my company and clients.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:01 pm 
Guru

Yes, it can.<br>Once you set a machine as the server, then all machines, which are connected with the server, can communicate with each other. <br>When the program is run on a client for the first time, please set the server as the defined server.<br>If the firewall blocks the incoming TCP traffic, the Chat and File Transfer module will not work.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 5:34 pm 
So, you mean that the public can access it through my website? The instructions only cover it being used in an enviroment where the clients are connected with the server. What is the user to download if I place a link to it on my site?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 1:20 am 
Guru

If you do not set firewall or other relevant security options, others can access it through your web site. <br>If you want those who visit your site can join the Messenger, please do as follows:<br>1. Install the messenger server on your server.<br>2. Open the folder in which installed the server, then you will find a sub-directory named "Client". Open it.<br>3. Compress all files in "Client" folder into a ZIP file, and copy it to the publish directory of your website. <br>4. Provide a link of the Zip file. Tell users to download the ZIP file and install the messenger client on their machines.<br>Merry Christmas!<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:30 pm 
I would like to zip the file in the clients folder and add it to my web site link to test the tec Messenger. Where can I download a program that will zip all the file into a zip file?<br><br>Also, Could i be able to customize the messenger like add a section for favorite links or add a little banner?<br><br>I am interested in this program cause I would like to use it for my small christian communtiy. Please email me at webmaster@latingospel.com when you post to this question.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:58 pm 
I need to change the ip number to a dns name to get it to work in order to get people to connect to my server with the client. How can I change the setting on the Tec Messenger Server?<br>do the TecMessenger have a boot.ini where can replace the ip with my domain name?<br><br>Hope to hear from support.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:27 pm 
Peopel are having problems joining the messenger on the internet. I follow your instruction. I zip all the files in the client folder. When people out side of the intranet try to run the client tecmessenger they get an Winsock Error: connection refused.<br><br>What should I do? Are you going to make this TecMessenger able to work with dns domain name rather than ip for the Tec Messenger Server?<br><br>