Sothink support personnel will no longer answer technical questions on this forum. If you want help from the Sothink support staff, you need to go to http://www.sothink.com/support/tickets/ticket.php and submit a trouble ticket.
If you don't want to submit a trouble ticket, there are regular visitors to this forum who will try to help you; however, before asking for help, please check the following common problems:
1) Are You Using A Current Version Of DHTMLMenu?
You should not be using anything earlier than Version 6.6. If you are using Version 7, make sure that it is Version 7.3. If you have upgraded to Version 8, make sure that you are using Version 8.1 or later.
2) Does Your HTML Or XHTML Page Begin With A Document Type Declaration?
If your page does not begin with a complete DOCTYPE, it will cause the browsers to interpret your page in Quirks Mode instead of Strict Mode. If your page doesn't have a complete DOCTYPE, people may not be able to help you because of the numerous problems with browser behaviors in Quirks Mode. There is a good article on the DOCTYPE here
3) Is Your HTML/XHTML and CSS Valid?
Please check your HTML/XHTML markup at http://validator.w3.org/
and your Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
. Please correct any errors before deciding that DHTMLMenu is the cause of your problem.
4) Have You Uploaded The Correct Resource Files?
5) Are All Paths Correct?
Whether you are using the new Resource Folder feature in Version 8 or the traditional web paths, make sure the paths are correct.
6) Are All Hexadecimal Color Values Preceded By The Hex Sign (#)?
Hexadecimal color values must be preceded by the hex sign (also called a number sign, pound sign, hash, etc.). Hexadecimal color value must appear like this, #FFFFFF, instead of like this, FFFFFF.
If you have gone through the steps above and still have a problem, please feel free to post your problem on this forum and other users will try to help you. When you post a problem or question on this forum, please provide the following information.
1) The URL of your site. If you can't provide a URL, you need to ZIP the site's index page and all related files (CSS, images, scripts, etc.) and attach the ZIP file to a message in this thread.
2) The .pgt file for your menu.