SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:34 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:10 am 

I'm using DHTML Menu (vers. 9.70) on some 12 different domains.

With earlier versions of DHTML Menu I have never had any problems and for a long time I didn't change anything on my menus. With vers. 9.70 I have now added one more item for a certain menu, for which I used an image. This additional menu Item is not shown after upload on my live website, but the DHTML preview shows this item and the link behind it works as well. To make my problem clear, I wanted to attach an image, that shows the preview of DHTML Menu and the live site on the Internet, but I'm not allowed to upload attachments.

When using "Fast publish JS" there is no sign of the image used in the generated code of the "navigatore.js" file. If needed I can upload the .pgt file or any other file required, but without permission to upload anything I get stuck. Thank you for any advise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:42 am 
Guru

keyboarder wrote:
I'm using DHTML Menu (vers. 9.70) on some 12 different domains.

With earlier versions of DHTML Menu I have never had any problems and for a long time I didn't change anything on my menus. With vers. 9.70 I have now added one more item for a certain menu, for which I used an image. This additional menu Item is not shown after upload on my live website, but the DHTML preview shows this item and the link behind it works as well. To make my problem clear, I wanted to attach an image, that shows the preview of DHTML Menu and the live site on the Internet, but I'm not allowed to upload attachments.

When using "Fast publish JS" there is no sign of the image used in the generated code of the "navigatore.js" file. If needed I can upload the .pgt file or any other file required, but without permission to upload anything I get stuck. Thank you for any advise.

Provide a URL where the menu can be seen. . .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 am 

Thanks for reply. The URL is http://www.nautilusphuket.com/ and the path to the .js file is http://www.nautilusphuket.com/navigator/navigatore.js (in which the image and the link used is not generated !)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm 
Guru

Thanks for the links to your site and the script. Please upload the menu's .pgt file to http://www.nautilusphuket.com/navigator/ .

Regards,

Bill
Unofficial DHTML Menu Resource Site

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:27 pm 

Hi Bill,

nice to see that there is someone out there, who maybe can assist. Thanks !
The .pgt file is on my server in folder "navigator" file name - navigatore.pgt - together with all files needed.
The URL - http://www.nautilusphuket.com/navigator/navigatore.pgt

I have also uploaded an image that shows the preview of DHTML Menu (to the left) and the original navigator shown in the Internet (to the right).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:51 am 
Guru

I think your problem was mixing the new with the old. I used your .pgt file (with some path modifications due to the change in servers) and your menu works fine. You can see it at:

http://bestwebmenu.com/nautilus/index.html

I suggest that you delete all the menu JavaScript files, both locally and on your server, generate the menu again, and upload the newly created JavaScript files to your server. I think that should fix the problem.

Regards,

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:49 pm 

Bingo Bill !

Thanks a lot ! No idea why DHTML menu does not replace the .js files by itself, but who cares finally.
I deleted all the .js files locally and remote, called the program again, published - and it works smooth !

Before I posted this topic I went through the forum, to find a similar issue. Found one, but my post was not placed. by that way I saw many of your support replies, solving many problems and I think you are a most valuable support in this forum. Thanks a thousand times !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:58 pm 
Guru

You're welcome, keyboarder, I'm glad I was able to help. I think Mike (mjperry51) and I are about the only users who still remain active on the forum.

Regards,

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:41 pm 
Guru

Bill_P wrote:
You're welcome, keyboarder, I'm glad I was able to help. I think Mike (mjperry51) and I are about the only users who still remain active on the forum.

Regards,

Bill

A couple of previous regulars are not missed though. . .

:D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:56 pm 
Guru

But how can you not miss "The Username"?

Regards,

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:55 pm 

[quote="Bill_P"]... I think Mike (mjperry51) and I are about the only users who still remain active on the forum...
[url=http://bestwebmenu.com/index.html][b]Unofficial DHTML Menu Resource Site[/b][/url][/quote]

imagine you would not...
Who would have helped me out of this ? So, pls. stay there ! I might need another advise in the future - who knows ? And mjperry51 - thanks for your offer to help as well.

BTW.: I'm slow with my answers - I stay at the other side of the pond - in Thailand, with a time diffrerence of 11hrs. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:25 pm 
Guru

keyboarder wrote:
Bill_P wrote:
... I think Mike (mjperry51) and I are about the only users who still remain active on the forum...

imagine you would not...
Who would have helped me out of this ? So, pls. stay there ! I might need another advise in the future - who knows ? And mjperry51 - thanks for your offer to help as well.

BTW.: I'm slow with my answers - I stay at the other side of the pond - in Thailand, with a time diffrerence of 11hrs. :wink:

No problem -- Bill and I were remembering a real abusive forum regular. . .
:)

I've been to Bangkok -- it's been a few years. Most of what I remember is how hot and humid it was. . .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:40 pm 
Old Hand

mjperry51 said: "No problem -- Bill and I were remembering a real abusive forum regular. . ."

While "TheUsername" has been abusive, one might consider the fact that he (like myself) have tried REPEATEDLY to help Sothink with their forum problems . . . all to no avail.

We explain that the "sleepers" are actually bots . . . so, Sothink removes PM privileges. HUH???

We explain that they need prevent "flooding" the board by adjusting the flood control feature . . . instead, they remove the ability to use BBcodes unless you are a mod in that particular forum. WHAT???

The actual abuse is taking part by Sothink. I have several forums that I own, and I have found an almost perfect solution to the spam. I sent Sharon Lee a PM with the information, and now she does not receive PM's.

Does anyone see a pattern?

How about this: Does anyone remember when the forum was full of "users" instead of being overtaken with 5,000 posts by a single bot?

Very few users any more, but lots of spam activity. I personally find it depressing.

I wish someone there could take their head out of their rear end long enough to listen to reason, fix the forum so it is the realm of the users again, then they can put their head back up their backsides if they wish.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:13 am 
Guru

dijenga wrote:
While "TheUsername" has been abusive, one might consider the fact that he (like myself) have tried REPEATEDLY to help Sothink with their forum problems . . . all to no avail
I understand that people are upset with Sothink's efforts, or lack thereof, to control the spam on this forum, but that is no reason to be abusive to other forum users.

Regards,

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 am 
Guru

So, hows it been? Has Nothink got this forum and spam issue fixed yet?? or am i wasting my time being here?? been gone for ages as i was sick of this place and the spam.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:20 am 
Guru

We were just talking about TheUsername. The spam issue is much improved, thanks to the efforts of Dijenga.

Regards,

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:01 pm 
Guru

good to hear Nothink are starting to think and listen to us, i gave up telling them what to do, they would reply generically saying they passed it on to the admin and development team and nothing ever was done in years.
now for some reason the forum is as slow as a snail instead. is it being DOS'ed or something?? or jsut another one of Nothinks crap hosting jobs?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:07 am 
Guru

The server was very slow yesterday but it seems fine today.

Regards,

Bill