SourceTec Software

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:54 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Win7
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:27 am 

Hi,
I have upgraded my PC to Win7 and have transferred DHTML menu program to Win7. It does not want to open up any of the Templates. Is there any updated drivers for the lite version to operate on Win7?
Many thanks,
Sid.

Post subject: Re: Win7
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:01 am 
Guru

Hi Sid,

When you refer to the "lite" version of DHTML Menu I assume you're referring to the free version. I know nothing about the free version but it appears to be a much older version of the program and the download button only mentions Win 98/Me//XP/Server 2003 so it may not be compatible with Windows 7. By the way, when I visited your site I received a JavaScript error message that referred to stm31.js. That file is no longer used in current versions of DHTML Menu.

In answer to your question about "Tip Text", it is not alt text for images nor is it search engine friendly code. It is explanatory text that can be added to menu items that will be displayed when visitors mouse over the menu item. The following image shows the addition of Tip Text to a menu item:

You can see Tip Text in use by going to http://bestwebmenu.com/ and mousing over the "About" tab.

It is important to include search engine friendly code when you use DHTML Menu, and the paid version of the program includes an option that automatically generates such code from your menu.

Regards,

Bill
Unofficial DHTML Menu Resource Site