SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:40 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Easier SEO
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:14 am 
Poster

I would like to suggest two things, either one of which would be great.

1) It would be wonderful if you could make the SEO friendly code generator more compatible with dynamic menus. It is pretty much useless for dynamic menus, and so all the work has to pretty much be done twice.

2) It would be nice to see Sothink come up with a new version of this product, or a new product that generated SEO friendly code, like an unordered list, and used CSS and javascript (jQuery would be great) to generate the menu. That would get the SEO part out of the way right from the start and make cleaner code. Obviously, if you could do this and keep key features of the current DHTML menu that would be great. For me, the most important key features of your DHTML menu are:
a) the ease of making dynamic menus with a variety of complex structures,
b) the ability of the menu code to highlight the parent item when a submenu item is selected, and
c) the ease of creating custom designs.

There are a lot of menu options out there that are generating unordered lists and converting that list to a menu using javascript right now, but these are the features of your DHTML product that I cannot find in one of those others.

Post subject: Re: Easier SEO
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:58 am 
Guru

Hi Neo,

Several years ago I suggested that Sothink develop a program to generate CSS list-based menus but the company wasn't interested at that time. I think there have been a number of personnel changes at the company since then so they might be more receptive to the idea. I suggest that you send your ideas to support@sothink.com. Good luck!

Regards,

Bill
Unofficial DHTML Menu Resource Site

Post subject: Re: Easier SEO
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:32 am 
Poster

Thanx. Option 1 would be a great improvement for the current product. I make extensive use of jQuery, and I think the list/css style menus are better, but issue number 1 is the only gripe I really have about the current version.