SourceTec Software

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:46 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: normal & small
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:09 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm
Posts: 7
Hello,

I have made two pages with the same menu one is here: http://www.register-rcn.nl/Patienten/
The second one is here: http://www.register-rcn.nl/Patienten/Klacht.html

The sizes are differend, although I have used the same .js files etc. What could be the problem?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:21 pm 
Offline
Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:39 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ohio
Gadesloot wrote:
Hello,

I have made two pages with the same menu one is here: http://www.register-rcn.nl/Patienten/
The second one is here: http://www.register-rcn.nl/Patienten/Klacht.html

The sizes are differend, although I have used the same .js files etc. What could be the problem?

Somewhere in the menu definition you have assign two different heights to the menu items -- the shorter one is set at 14px, the other at 28px.

Check your .pgt files. . .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:44 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm
Posts: 7
I didn't change anything to the .pgt files. I had a html editor called WYSIWYG Web Builder version 7. I could edit pages and everything went great. The menu kept its form and messurements. Recently I optained version 8 of the same programme. I edited a page and the menu got smaller. I did touch the menu and/or its files.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:19 am 
Offline
Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:39 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ohio
Gadesloot wrote:
I didn't change anything to the .pgt files. I had a html editor called WYSIWYG Web Builder version 7. I could edit pages and everything went great. The menu kept its form and messurements. Recently I optained version 8 of the same programme. I edited a page and the menu got smaller. I did touch the menu and/or its files.

Well something changed -- the height settings for items in the two menus is different.

If I have time I'll take a closer look. . .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:26 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm
Posts: 7
thank you in advance


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:04 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm
Posts: 7
where can I find the height settings on the HTML page?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:05 pm 
Offline
Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:39 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ohio
Gadesloot wrote:
where can I find the height settings on the HTML page?

The easiest way is to use either the F12 Developer Tools in IE or the Firebug addon in Firefox.

Look in the body section then drill sown into that section by clicking on the '+" signs until you reach a table with the class of ",stctb". The right hand side of the window will let you look for the attributes of the table; height is one of them. If you compare the two you will see one is 14px. the other is 24px.

This is a style that is derived and applied from the supporting JS files.

I would suggest that instead of copying and pasting the menu code into each page you look at the help section about Creating a JS Include File and use that strategy. That way you can make changes to your navigation and publish one file that is used for all your pages. Use the Web Path option (click Resource Folder in the Global Settings and then click on the Folder icon at the right in the bottom box to select between Resource Folder and Web Path).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:53 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm
Posts: 7
Thanks! I will look into it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:12 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm
Posts: 7
Is there a way to set these standards so that I can repair the menu to its original status?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:46 pm 
Offline
Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:39 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ohio
Gadesloot wrote:
Is there a way to set these standards so that I can repair the menu to its original status?

You have to edit menus from their .pgt files. If you don't have the .pgt file from the menu that displays as you want you will need to recreate it. . .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:14 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm
Posts: 7
I do have the .pgt files. The code just works different on seperate html editors. I still can't figure oit why. Meanwhile I wish you a happy new year!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: normal & small
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:03 am 
Offline
Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:39 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ohio
Gadesloot wrote:
I do have the .pgt files. The code just works different on seperate html editors. I still can't figure oit why. Meanwhile I wish you a happy new year!

I just took another look at the two sites -- there are differences in the CSS. Make sure you are using the same CSS files for both sites. . .

ETA: There must be a difference in the pages -- it's not the menu code. Copying and pasting the menu code between the two pages makes no difference. . .


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group