Thank you for the reply.
I've decided to just drop use of SoThink DHTML for now on new projects. Apparent HTML5 incompatibility is a problem but what drives me slightly nuts is that I have to work in my PC environment on my Mac to generate the code and then work in my Mac environment where my Dreamweaver program runs since there is no Mac SoThink DHTML extension. I have other tools including HTML5 now which I can use to build menus.
If you should want to see the problem,
0. Using Adobe Dreamweaver CS 5.5 in Mac OSX 10.7.3
1. Create an HTML4 template page
2. Create an HTML5 template page
3. Using SoThink DHTML 9.70 build 943 in Microsoft Windows 7 using VMWare Fusion 4.1.1
4. Generate the codes for the Button menu from template.
5. Preview and see the arrows correctly displayed and the button heights correct.
6. Publish in turns to the HTML4 and HTML5 templates projects
7. Back in Dreamweaver, view the templates using LiveView and/or via a browser
8. HTML4 version displays correctly and HTML5 version has height too great and arrow off center.
I hope you can follow the above
Cheers from Houston, TX, USA