SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:50 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 pm 

Hello,

I'm using DHTML menu for 3 years now, and i can say that i know the library very well, (write code dynamically to build the menu, etc...)
My concern is that i need to refresh a context menu (with html menu items only) settled as a custom menu (i need to call it at a specified location on the page and not from anywhere on the screen) without reload the page, because in this application at this place (where i need to refresh) i really can't loose my application context (mainly ajax application).
But as prefixes (using DB,sessionStorage,Ajax, ...) are taken into consideration only at page reload, and as the associated html DOM menu items can't be accessed from outside the menu, i really need to find a way to update my context menu (in/through js) without reloading the page such like with a window.open, and help from support will be really appreciated. I can provide my DHTML menu licence info if requested.

Hope to hear from you soon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:59 am 
Guru

You might be able to do that using the jQuery framework. If you're using PHP try the following:

Code:
<div id="menu">
  <!-- menu data here -->
</div>

It should be refreshed with the following code:

Code:
$("#menu").load("index.php #menu");

That should load the contents of #menu from index again without refreshing the entire page. Also, you should be able to automate it to refresh every 30 seconds using setInterval();

Code:
setInterval(function(){
  $("#menu").load("index.php #menu");
}, 30000);

You should also ask advice from Sothink at support@sothink.com. For future refertence please post to this thread and let us know what works, if anything.

Regards,

Bill
Unofficial DHTML Menu Resource Site