SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:23 am 

I’ve been using DHTML Menus for around 10 years now. I upgraded to V 9.7 in May of this year and the program registered and activated fine. About a month ago when I went to launch the program it asked me to activate. My key was already in the activation window so I clicked OK. It looked as if it was activating but then I got an error window stating
“A connection to the activation server could not be established [0x00000006] Check your internet connection and try again.”
So I backed out of the activation dialog and now the software is in trial mode. I know my internet connection is fine because I have Microsoft and Adobe subscriptions that require monthly verification. I’ve contacted support at least a half a dozen times and they’ve answered once with the check your spam or junk mail folder excuse. I check both folders several times a day because sometime client emails end up in there. If they had actually emailed me I would have seen it. Now I’m stuck with software I can’t use and Sothink is of no help at all. Here’s what I’ve tried so far, that hasn’t worked.

1. Run as administrator
2. Turned off firewall and anti-virus software (many times)
3. Power cycled router and modem (many times)
4. Uninstalled and re-installed the software (once)

I really need to get this fixed as I have several projects that I need to use this software on. Not to mention I have a large number of existing clients that I use this software for that ask for updates to their menus regularly. I would appreciate any help with this problem…

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:10 pm 
Guru

This is a user forum and we can't help you with an activation problem. I suggest that you whitelist support@sothink.com and then send them another email. I've always found them to be responsive.

Regards,

Bill
Unofficial DHTML Menu Resource Site

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:45 pm 

Bill-
I've had support@sothink.com whitelisted for years and I promptly received notification about your reply to this post. The notification came from support@sothink.com and came directly to my Inbox. That is strange, isn't it...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:05 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

---------
To Bill_P :arrow:
---------

Thanks for your help~

-------------
To marcom777 :arrow:
-------------

To solve the problem, please kindly check the following details:

1. Please make sure the time/date on your computer is the same with the local time/date.
2. Please make sure you do not set LAN/proxy in your Internet Explorer nor using proxy service.
3. Please kindly check whether you could visit https://u1.sothink.com/ using your IE or not(you will see the words "Welcome to Sothink Test Server" if you could visit the above site successfully).
If you could not see the words, please kindly tell us the error appears.
4. Please deactivate your firewall and then register the program for a try.

If the above still does not help, please provide us with the detailed information of your Operating System for further checking.

If you need further assistance please kindly write to support@sothink.com or support@sothinkmedia.com.

Have a nice day! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:01 am 
Guru

marcom777 wrote:
Bill-
I've had support@sothink.com whitelisted for years and I promptly received notification about your reply to this post. The notification came from support@sothink.com and came directly to my Inbox. That is strange, isn't it...

It must be due to good karma (and because you checked "Notify me when a reply is posted"). I hope Nicole's suggestions have helped you resolve your activation problem. I realize that software piracy is a major problem but I wish that Sothink would eliminate the online activation checks. I have a constant fear that an activation check will fail while I'm in the process of updating a client site and, due to the time difference, Sothink support will not be available.

Regards,

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:30 am 

Thanks Bill-
No luck yet. The only thing I don't understand (what to do) is the time date thing. Are they asking me to set the time and date to theirs?

1. Please make sure the time/date on your computer is the same with the local time/date.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:54 am 
Guru

Your computer needs to have the local date and time and Windows sets that automatically if you selected the correct time zone during Windows setup. I would ask Sothink to send you a new key. By the way, Sothink has just released Version 9.8 of DHTML Menu (http://www2.sothink.com/download/sdmenu.zip)

Regards,

Bill