SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:13 pm 

Hi!
I have a DHTML menu displayed over several pages in an iframe. How can I get "auto highlight cuurent item" to work? I have set taget to _parent without success. Do I need to build one menu on every page and abandon the iframe?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 am 
Guru

I have an example using DHTML Menu to target an iFrame on the Unofficial DHTML Menu Resource Site (Advanced Techniques > Using DHTMLMenu To Target An iFrame). Although the menu is set up to highlight the current item, it doesn't seem to work with the iFrame. I'm not convinced that using iFrames is the best way to develop a site; however, if you're sold on the idea of building a site using iFrames, I'm not sure that the lack of auto highlighting is sufficient reason to abandon the idea.

Regards,

Bill
Unofficial DHTML Menu Resource Site

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:19 pm 

I moved the menu outside the iframe, direct on page, but it doesn't highlight anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:16 pm 

Got it!
I had to add url variable to the link like "somepage.php?id=<?php echo $theId?>"
Unfortunately the DHTML menu program adds something like %20% for the spaces in the php, so I had to edit it manually in the script.
Also Dreamweaver update record adds a ? after update, that had to be delt with in update code. Original DW code "$updateGoTo .= (strpos($updateGoTo, '?')) ? "&" : "?";" edited to "$updateGoTo .= (strpos($updateGoTo, '?')) ? "&" : "";" Last question mark gone!