SourceTec Software

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:48 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

How to publish your menu successfully if your test local server and your remote server do not have the same directory structure?

If the web address on your test local server is http:///www.testserver.com/subfolder, but the web address on your remote server is http://www.sitename.com, that is, your test local server and your remote server do not have the same directory to store your files, the Site Root can only work in one server, not both.

For example, on your local computer, your files are stored at D:\foldername\yourwebsite\subfolder, for the test server, the Site Root corresponds to D:\foldername\yourwebsite locally, while for the remote server, the Site Root corresponds to D:\foldername\yourwebsite\subfolder locally.

To solve the problem, you can set Web Path instead of Site Root, like
JavaScript Path: http://www.sitename.com/js/
Images Path: http://www.sitename.com/images/

Then be sure to upload all the resource files to the relevant folders on your remote server, and your menu could be previewed not only on the test local server, but also the remote server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:29 pm 
Guru

didnt make sense to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:18 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

TheUsername wrote:
didnt make sense to me.

Sorry, missed an important part. I've fixed it.

Please re-check.

Post subject: does not work
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:18 pm 
Poster

Ok, the reson for the site root folder option I guess was to make sure that all scripts and all images related tot he application reside in their corresponding folders.

YOur function in 8.5 version of DHTML menu DOES NOT work.
Please correct the issue.
upon generation it generates the scripts with the D:/foldername/scripts
and when uploaded it obviously looks for the D drive on the hosting providers server.

theref ore this option of the site root resource folder :

1. defeats the purpose or needs to be corrected. thank you

Post subject: Re: does not work
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:14 am 
Guru

dunga wrote:
Ok, the reson for the site root folder option I guess was to make sure that all scripts and all images related tot he application reside in their corresponding folders.

and when uploaded it obviously looks for the D drive on the hosting providers server.

did you ever think maybe the problem is you?? just surprising that no one else has complained yet and this version has been out for almost 3 weeks, normally with these sorts of problems we have multiple complaints within a day or 2 of release and it gets sorted quickly. with you being the only one mentioning it, i would lean towards your misuse.
give us a url so we can see what your doing wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:10 am 

actually I had that problem as seen here on page two I can specify where each file is, correct?

If so, thanks so much, now, when I get the chance I can update my comic's menu.

Edit, nope, still wont work, I even tried to save the menu as a js file and it still didnt work :(

Post subject: Re: does not work
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:51 am 
Support Team
Support Team

dunga wrote:

No, you are not correct. Please see the following code generated by the program.

<script type="text/javascript" id="sothink_dhtmlmenu"> <!--
st_siteroot="file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/aili/My%20Documents/My%20Web%20Sites";
st_jspath="/stmenu.js";

if(!window.location.href.indexOf("file:") && st_jspath.charAt(0)=="/")
document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="'+st_siteroot+st_jspath+'"><\/script>');
else
document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="'+st_jspath+'"><\/script>');
//--> </script>

When you preview your page locally, the local path will be used, but when you preview your page online, the path /stmenu.js will be used, absolutely not the local path.

The purpose to set the site root fold and other folders is to make sure all your resource files are in the correct local folder, and we can calculate the web path of those files for you according to your settings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:31 am 
Guru

mah1966 wrote:

nothing wrong with the program, its the user that is the problem.
why your using 8.5 is another question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:05 am 
Support Team
Support Team

----------------------
To mah1966 :arrow:
----------------------

We would like to advise that the latest version of Sothink DHTML Menu is V9.2; please check the details here:
http://www.sothink.com/product/dhtmlmenu/index.htm

We suggest that you install the latest version for a check; To avoid overwriting, please kindly install the latest version to a different directory from the one in which your V8.5 locates.

If you need any assistance, please kindly submit a support request:
http://www.sothink.com/support/tickets/ticket.php

Hope the above information helps!

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Have a nice day! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:59 am 

Hi,

there is no such thing as sub aplication. If you want to share classes within two websites you have two choices:

1. Run each website as separate application that uses the same dll (class library project) holding shared classes.

2. Run both sites under one application.

In first case it is an easy task. You have to create third project, put all shared classes there and reference it to both your web application projects. Then publish each app into separate folder on your server and you are done.

Second case is even simpler. You have to ask yourself a question do I really need two apps? If you don't need, just put some of your web forms pages into folder abc and some into def.

Hope it helps...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:25 am 

If you are trying to add a menu to a remote website, then the Add-in doesnt support this functionality at the moment. On the other hand, working with local copy of a website should work fine.

When you add a menu, what is actually created is a menu-files folder in the root of a website project and some top-level menu code that is inserted into a page. As a workaround, you can add your menu to a local/temporary project and then move the created folder and top-level menu code to the final, remote version.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:47 pm 

You posted a very helpful information. I could finally fix my challenge. Great work guys:)