Some Windows Vista Users reported they could not install Sothink DHTML Menu
under the operation system of Microsoft Vista Ultimate 32 Bit
properly, the error occurred during the installation process like the follows:
This problem is not caused by Sothink DHTML Menu program
, but by Vista's DEP (Data Execution Prevention)
Thanks to Bob K, we now have a solution to fix the installation problem. Please do as the following step-by-step:
- Click "Start" button
- Right click on "Computer" icon and select "Properties" option
- Select "Advanced system settings"
- Select "Advanced" tab
- Click the "Performance" settings button
- Select "Data Execution Prevention" tab
- Select the TOP radio button that says: "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"
- Click 'Apply' and 'OK' buttons
- Close all Windows applications and restart your PC
Now you can try to install the latest version of Sothink DHTML Menu again.