SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:28 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:40 am 

I am designing a web for a client who wants the drop-down menu functionality. I chose Sothink DHTML because I thought it looked wonderful. I have 2 VERY major issues:<br><br>1) After reading all these posts, I'm wondering what happens to the speed of the menu when the URL's are added in? (I currently just have the layout in place).<br><br>2) I see NOTHING in Netscape 4.08. A big, blank hole in the table. Not even the background shows up. I see the menus in NS 6.x and in MSIE 5.x. I noticed in another post one other site had NOTHING where the menu went in NS 4.08, but had a menu in my other two browser versions. What's up with that?<br><br>3) I put those initial buttons into the table with "transparent" marked for the background. Why aren't they transparent? They are flat, gray (ugly) buttons..<br><br>I really want to work with this menu system for several clients, but I need to know if the above are issues before I go any further. Anyone with ANY knowlege, please let me know?<br><br>Thanks! :)<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 5:40 pm 
Guru

1) The link added to the menu item will not affect the menu's speed. <br>Usually, the loading speed of the menu is decided by the files on the page. Because to avoids some unexpectable<br>problems, when a page with DHTMLMenu is loading, the menu will not appear until all the files on the page finished loading. So to speed up the menu, please try to use less files, especially the files on the remote server. <br><br>2) Sothink DHTMLMenu dose support IE4.O, Netscape6.0 and Opera 6.0 or above version. <br><br>3) Now please set the Item Spacing as 1 or above, you will find the background of the whole menu is transparent. To set the menu item as transparent, please do as follows:<br> a) Select the Menu Item in structure window.<br> b) Click Normal tag on the left, and check Transparent option in Background field.<br> c) Click Mouse Over tag on the top left, and check Transparent option in Background field.<br>Then preview the effect. <br><br>Yours <br>Jess <br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:18 pm 

Please confirm - are you saying that Sothink DHTML Menu does NOT support Netscape version 4.x??? More than 70% of Netscape users use that version...<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:24 pm 

If NS 4.x is not supported, I will want a refund. Please let me know how to get one. Your writeup does not say that Netscape 4 is not supported, and implies that it is:<br><br>Generate menu suitable for different browsers<br>The menu can automatically detect the visitors' browser type and load the best script code for it, so the designers can be free of taking care the browser compatibility problems. <br><br>Your write-up also specifically says the menu works with IE, Netscape and Opera. I realize that version 6 "could" be considered the "latest version of Netscape", but it is not - it is a DIFFERENT version of Netscape.<br><br>Teri<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 6:57 pm 
Guru

The Netscape 4.x itself does not supports the DHTMLMenu well, as a result current version of Sothink DHTMLMenu dose not support it. In the Feature chapter of Help of the trial version of DHTMLMenu, we have told the users that it supports Netscape 6.0 or above version. <br><br>Your suggestion will get careful consideration. <br><br>To ask for the refund, please contact with our agent -- Shareit! (support@shareit.com) directly.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:53 pm 
I think people are getting it a bit confused here.<br>Netscape 4.0x doesn't support DHTML PEROID.<br>It's not that it doesn't support DHTMLMenu or that DHTMLMenu doesn't support Netscape.<br>Do you know how old that piece of crap is? I don't know of the later versions of 4 (4.5/4.7 etc.), but as far as I know, v6 is the only version of Netscape that supports DHTML.<br>It is a shortfall of Netscape NOT DHTMLMenu<br><br>