SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:24 am 
Some days ago I have downloaded the trial version of the DHTMLMenu.<br><br>I have experimented with the tool and I like it very much and we decided to buy it.<br><br>We need the Menu for a project of us.<br>In this project we must have a menu with lot of sub menus and menu entries.<br>I think about 500 entries at all.<br><br>My problem is that,<br>when I generate the menu client-side it took very long to process all the javascript code<br>to create the menu. Also everytime the a page is loaded the menu is built up again.<br><br>And so my question is:<br>Is it possible to generate the whole menu one time server-side and then transfer it to the client?<br>And if it’s possible, how can we do it? DHTML, Javascript or something else (we use already Java and JSP in our project).<br><br>Kind regards<br><br>Oliver<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 9:36 pm 
The submenus are more, the loading speed will be slower. <br>It is impossible to generate the menu on server-side and then transfer it to the client. But if the browser can detect the cache files, then the support files of the page need not be reloaded when it is opened again.<br><br>By the way, when a page with Sothink DHTMLMenu is loading, the menu will not be seen until all the other files finished loading. So if there are too many other Java or something else on the page to load, the load speed of the DHTMLMenu will be slow. <br><br>