SourceTec Software

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 5:57 am 

"Have tried your website and the submenus disapper when I try to select them, so I cannot read your profile or get contact information"<br><br>Just one of the snips from several emails I have received since putting the site live using DHTMLMenu. The product has been released for a while now and the majority of the forum topics are regarding the lack of cross-platform / browser support. The amount of times that you have asked people to send in the zipped files by now, you should have a lot of material to work with.<br><br>Can we have at least an indication of when you are planning to release a patch that will clean up these fairly basic and functional issues i.e. Mac users, as far as I have experienced, cannot view anything made by this programme. Surely you knew these issues before release and made sure that they were not mentioned in any FAQs on your site! This is bad enough in itself. Can you please make an effort to redeem what is at heart a good application by releasing a patch.<br><br>I am absolutely furious that I now have to re-design the whole site with a different navigation system that doesn't involve DHTML menu.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>jw<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 8:29 am 
I think what the problem is that there are still a lot of people out there that do not have DHTML compatable browsers. DHTML, while not a brand spanking new standard, it did take a while to take a grip (especially in Netscape circles). Remember, the browser has to be able to view DHTML before it works. If users are suckers enough to still use old versions of Netscape, then that is up to them. My opinion is that they should stop reading all the crap about Netscape vs Microsoft and upgrade.<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:17 pm 
Guru

Hello Kopernik,<br>We are regretful to hear that you have to re-design the site and sorry for the inconvenience.<br><br>Sometimes, the problem is not due to the software itself, but due to the operation of the users. So we ask them to mail us the detail information, so that we can help them to solve the problem pertinently.<br><br>On the page http://www.sothink.com/webtools/dhtmlmenu/index.htm, we have told the users that the supported platform are Win 95/98/Me/NT 4.0/2000/XP, I don't think it is necessary to repeat what platform not supported by the software.<br><br>Also sometimes, the problem is caused by the browser's limitation. About this question, I agree with Anonymous' opinion.<br><br>Cordially,<br>Jess<br><br><br>