SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 5:01 am 

I have a menu in a left frame of my page;<br>all submenus are shown in that left frame, covering the main menu when they pop up. Is it possible the show submenus across the two frames (having the same effect of a single page)?<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:57 pm 
The only way that I know of that you can accomplish what you appear to be trying is with the use of iframes rather than standard frames. I-frames will allow you to set properties such as z-Index and absolute positioning, etc. Hope this helps!<br><br>John R.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:24 pm 
Guru

Sothink DHTMLMenu dose not support crossing frame. Because most document objects of dynamic HTML can not cross frame.<br>It is impossible to use iframe to get the effect as you said, for iframe also has a limited area and DHTML menu can not cross it. <br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:46 pm 
I Don't mean to dispute you but I am doing this as we speak. I have one of your menus crossing over an i-frame and remaining on top of it. I am also passing javascript functions from parent to frame and frame to parent.<br>Thanks for your wonderful program!<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 10:48 pm 
Guru

Could you please tell us the link of the page with the iframe?<br>Thanks a lot and looking forward your reply.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:32 am 

Jess<br>I agree with John. I've had no issue having the DHTML menus expand over an iframe. Check out the following for an example:<br><br>http://my.core.com/~guitarjoe/index2.htm<br><br><br><br>Thx!<br>Joe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:37 pm 
Guru

Hi Joe,<br>Thanks for your link very much.<br>Only in IE can the DHTMLMenu be over the iframe. <br>However, it is a progress. <br>Jess :)<br><br>