SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Cool Menu
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 2:41 pm 

I purchased cool menu recently. I would like to use some of the samples which come with the program but when I load the files I cannot see the text labels which I would like to replace. Is there a way to load the examples so that the text which appears on the buttons is visible? <br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:05 pm 
Guru

In order to deal with the problem pertinently, would you please tell us your operation in detail? Thanks <br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:40 pm 

I want to use the templates which came with the program but when I load them and try to modify them by replacing the text with my particular button text I cannot delete the old text. What seems to happen when I preview is that my text appars in addition to, or beneath the original text. Is there some trick to using the templates that I am not getting? Is there any step by step documentation anywhere which I might use?<br>thanks<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 9:58 pm 
Guru

For most templates, you can change their texts as follows:<br>Choose the item in the middle window of the Sothink Cool Menu workface. Then in Item label box in General dialog, delete the old text and access the new text. <br>However, the item labels for some templates, such as Cool Menu and Cool, are used images instead of texts, so that you cannot follow the above way to change their texts. With the item you want modify selected in middles window, please click Image¡­ button in General dialog and then delete the images for three different states by empting the path box in Image dialog. Click OK to close the Image dialog and back to General dialog, then access the text in Item label box.<br>To modify the position of the text, please firstly choose the state by clicking the Normal, Mouse Over or Clicked tab, then choose Left, Center or Right from Text drop down list in Align field of each dialog. To designate the accurate position of the text on each item, please access the values in Text Offset box. <br><br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 8:12 am 
I want to make sure I understand your above answer. With the templates Cool Menu and Cool, the only way to change the "text" is to create our own images. We would need to create 3 different images for the 3 different states...for EACH link within our menu. After spending all of the time creating images from scratch...why not just do the menu manually and create your own links? Those are the coolest menus within the program. If there is another way which I didn't understand, please let us know. As for now...I am glad you offer a trial period... so we don't waiste our money on this not so time saving utility.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:24 pm 
Guru

All the items in these two templates are using images instead of text label. But you can use the text label to get the similar effect. Firstly, you need to create an image with a short line in the middle. Then set this image as the item's background image in mouse over state. Please do as follows:<br>1. Open CoolMenu.<br>2. Select the item in the Structure window. Home as an example.<br>3. In General dialog, click Image ... button.<br>4. Input Home or the word you like into the Item box.<br>5. In popupping Image dialog, delete the image of three states by deleting the *.jpg file in three states' boxes. <br>6. Click ... following Mouse Over to pick up the image created by you in your local PC.<br>7. Click OK to close the Image dialog.<br>8. Click Normal tag to access the dialog. <br>9. Click Font button. In font dialog to adjust its color and size. Let it be similar with the template.<br>10. In Clicked dialog, repeat step 9.<br><br>