SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:20 am 

I am using the trial of your SWF to Video converter and on every file, only a small portion of frames from the SWF are evaluated for processing. This causes only a very small converted movie file to be created. I tested on Flash 8 files and also SWF's created by Adobe Captivate 3.

A successful convert is a determining factor in my decision to buy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:34 am 
Support Team
Support Team

Hi, have you selected "auto end capture at the last frame" option before start capturing?

Normally, the lost content problems may caused by the following factors:
1. Please check if you have choose "auto end capture at the last frame" option.

If you choose “auto end capture at the last frame”, it means the program will judge if it should end the capture processing or not according to the frames displayed on the timeline area. If it goes to the last frame, the program will stop capturing. Thus sometimes the function “auto end capture at the last frame” can not assure all the flash content is recorded completely:
1) If the Flash can not play to the last frame all the time, choosing “auto end capture at the last frame” will not affect the recording.
2) If the Flash keeps repeating at the last frame, choosing “auto end capture at the last frame” may cause the missing of the repeating content during the capture processing.

In above cases, we suggest you control the capture processing manually by using Start/Stop Capture buttons. Please also let the Flash content keep playing to the end during the capture processing. Then you can click the Finish button to stop capturing and you will mot miss any content in the output file.

2. Some contents in Flash files may be controlled by Action Script. Although you saw the frames in the timeline of the program were played to the end, the Flash content is still playing. Thus the actual length of the Flash is longer than the frames displayed.
If you just stop capturing when the frames go to the end in timeline area, you may lose some content after that in the output file.
So we suggest when you are using “Interactive” mode to convert the Flash files, please let the Flash content keep playing to the end. Then you can click the Finish button to stop capturing and you will mot miss any content in the output file.

Please try to use the methods above to make the conversion again. If you still have the problem, please provide us your original file as well as your registration information to have further check.

Post subject: frame allocation
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:51 pm 

I am trying to convert a 56 minute adobe captivate 3 swf slide show to
avi using the swf to video converter. However, the sothink converter is only giving me 885 frames. At 30 fps I calculate I need 100000+ frames. How do I change the number of frames the
software will allocate to the conversion?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:05 pm 

Hey
I think <above user> is right. He has good knowledge. I hope above suggestion will help you.
All the best!!